Fave Movie Snacks

Options
Hi all,

I was just wondering what your favourite movie snacks are?

I am going to see Deadpool tonight and have previously brought in a snack size bag of almonds to snack on.

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Good movie! Nuts + toasted coconut flakes for me. And I lick the butter off my wife's popcorn. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, beef sticks, cheese sticks, pork skins....
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    • Cheese sticks
    • Almonds - I like the smokehouse kind, but I just got salt and vinegar from someone on IGs recommendation! There's so many flavors.
    • Lily's chocolate
    • Celery/something to dip it in, like guac or ranch
    • Sugar free hard candy, Werthers or Russel Stover type deals
    • Pepperoni

I don't go to the movies often so sometimes I save that for my cheat meal and enjoy a small popcorn :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @Sarahb29 Last time I went to the movies (2 weeks ago), I gave in and shared a popcorn with my boyfriend. Umm...I use the term shared loosely because I went HAM on that bag and ended up feeling so sick afterwards. So that will NOT be the case this time.

I need to check myself before I wreck myself.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't get to the movies often (1-2x/year), so when I go, I sit in the 21+ section and drink a martini.
    I think pork rinds are the most movie-ish. Can you sneak that in?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    @DorkothyParker I will definitely try!

I think the thing with the movies for me is that I associate it with food. The smell of the butter and the taste of the salt, etc. I really am trying to reform my relationship with food so I don't associate certain activities with it but it is a struggle.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Beef jerky when I "pack my own".
    If I don't, I indulge in some popcorn (we share a kiddie one) and a big cup of jalapeños (from the nachos department). It's a weird thing in my family, we eat jalapeños with popcorn.

Movie popcorn is the one time I go "light on the butter" since it's not really butter, and really amps up the calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't get to the movies often (1-2x/year), so when I go, I sit in the 21+ section and drink a martini.
    I think pork rinds are the most movie-ish. Can you sneak that in?

Pork rinds are a great idea!
    I'd love a martini at the movies. Sadly, none in my town offer that. The next town over does, and we can public transportation there. I should do that!
  • RobinK228
    RobinK228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been to the movies twice since eating lower carbs. I've brought in pepperoni packs, cheese sticks, turkey sticks and usually a Sparkling Ice which helps keep me away from the fizzy sodas. My husband pays for popcorn and a soda so I feel justified by bringing my own food in, lol. He's good and gets soda that he knows I hate (Dr. Pepper) and puts jalapenos on his popcorn (I don't like those either.)

:smile:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I often bring almonds or something just in case but normally I don't eat during the movie. I usually grab dinner afterward. My husband is Mr. Popcorn. He gets movie popcorn anytime we're near the theater...as in when we aren't even going to the movies. So he generally eats enough for both of us! lol
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    We ended up going to Five Guys before the movie so I had a good meal there. I picked up a bag of parsnip chips to munch on during the movie, but I didn't eat too much while I was there because the movie was so good that I wasn't thinking about food! I was also very satisfied by my meal beforehand.

It may seem small to some, but that is big for me because I have always stuffed my face at the movies even when I had a good dinner beforehand. Baby steps lol