Hya guys!

Options
Leo_2015
Leo_2015 Posts: 8 Member
Love this group! looking to make new friends.
I have just joined fitness pal again after losing almost a stone. I was on here about 7 months ago but stopped logging. I have lost the weight in the last 3 months from clean eating and exercise with dark chocolate and cheat meals included ; )
I eat between 1500 and 1800 cals a day which some of my friends think is a lot! however I am 5,9 weigh 12.2 stone and workout about 4 times a week. Recently I have increased my exercise to 5-6 times a week and more intense and I am sure my current plateau of 3 weeks ( no loss, in fact a 2 pound gain ) is due to water retention, however I waas tempted to cut the cals a little.
I am going to just log what I eat, as I bet my portion control was out of control, I really don't want to go below 1700 cals as I feel I need the fuel!
Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You may need to up the calories. 1500-1800 is a little low for that much exercise.

Will add as a friend :)
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    yes, that's not "eat more to weigh less". I'd suggest using the Scooby calculator to figure out your TDEE and cut 500-750 calories a day from that TDEE number. What you are doing? Only going to get you into trouble in the long run, you are running your metabolism into the ground. The more you lower your calories, the more your metabolism is slowing down.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Mfp says the original poster is an invalid user.