Ooops just ate an apple

Options
SamandaIndia
SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
Head hurts!!!! 30g carbs in a hit. Too much sugar. Argh!

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I know...tell me about it! I love apples. They are without a doubt my absolute favorite kind of fruit; however, I can no longer have them due to the carb & sugar content. Eating a single apple would cause the neuropathy in my feet to flare up and I'm not willing to endure extreme pain for a momentary pleasure. You have my heartfelt sympathy! Feel better soon.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    It's remarkable how a piece of fruit can cause such a reaction, but I understand! Hope you feel better soon.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Oooooh. Not a good thing. So sorry! Isn't it just crazy what carbs can do?!! I can have the same type of reaction from it too!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You silly head!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Oh they smelled so good when I walked past them in the grocery store today. Hope you feel better soon!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I remember the headaches. Thankfully I haven't had them in a while.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I never liked fruit that much, I don't miss it at all. But I know the feeling, I hope it passes soon
  • TheCakeDiva
    TheCakeDiva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow - sorry they have that affect on you!

I've been able to eat an apple here and there - granny smith, nice and tart, and I do sprinkle salt on it (old habit learned from my Dad) and I haven't had any ill feelings. But maybe my net carb count is set higher?

Feel better soon!
  • Kahelnet
    Kahelnet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know your pain!
    I already scheduled one cheating day for watermelon when it will be the season (it's about 11 carbs per cup, but who can stop himself after one lonely cup? So yeah, it apparently will be cheating day)
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Thanks so much folks. I have not had fruit in over 4 months and have been less than 20g carbs for last 2 mths. I was stuck in a stressful workshop n the apple on the table in front of me had been calling me all day. I thought just a bite..... just one more ... then snow white here lost her mind n ate the rest. Later looked for carb n sugar content. Head better now. Lesson learned.. do not stray from my low carb ways. As @Sunny_Bunny_ said... i was a silly head.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love to visit Apple farms in the fall. When we went last year I decided to have one. But, I specifically chose one that is recommended for baking because they are less sweet and it was very small. I ate most, but not all of it and though it was supposed to be "tart", it tasted super sweet to me. I think with its lower sugar and very small size, didn't give me any trouble at all that day. I was also walking a lot...
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I must make a confession to an Un-American severe dislike of All things apple. I even hate apple pie. I don't know why but they have never appealed to me. I have always felt they were too sweet.

Now pears on the other hand.... yum.

I still eat pears now and again on my LCHF diet. It's just low carb NOT NO carbs for me. I'm careful of when I eat the pears though. I have a beautiful pear tree that gives me the best pears in all the world - pesticide and chemical free. To think eating a piece of organic fruit is cheating when cupcakes, cookies and pizza use to be my cheat foods. I think I'm making progress.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @cedarsidefarm, it's good that you are able to include a piece of fruit in your day, and it doesn't give you any negative side effects either! But yes, isn't it weird how we now look at a piece of fruit as being indulgent, lol?!

I'm glad things are better for you @SamandaIndia! :smiley:
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @Karlottap spot on with perception of indulgence
  • cdebracy
    cdebracy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been having at least one stick of string cheese when I eat any fruit. Maybe that would help with your spikes.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    cdebracy wrote: »
    I've been having at least one stick of string cheese when I eat any fruit. Maybe that would help with your spikes.

That is my favorite afternoon snack: 1/2 an apple and cheese. It really helps me with the before dinner blood sugar dip and cravings.

• SamandaIndia
    Options
    @cdebracy thxs for the tip. Great idea. When i next try a bit of apple I will add cheese.
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    An apple is probably the last thing I would choose to eat...
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    cdebracy wrote: »

Either this or a couple of olives or a couple of walnuts. I'm very happy that this way I can have one or two small apples a week. It's a treat I look forward to!
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    An apple is probably the last thing I would choose to eat...

Lol I'm with you on that, Lou.