Paleo and Endometriosis

Options
melaniefave41
melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
While I am still fairly new to Paleo, I have done my research and have much respect for the plethora of health benefits it has to offer. Having had a fairly healthy diet pre-paleo, it was not a difficult transition for me. Cut out the starchy potatoes, grains, dairy, legumes and I'm good. Only problem being, I love legumes....black beans, kidney beans, edamame....and cheese. However, I figured if this will help me to feel better, then so be it. For a few weeks I did great, kept my focus on all of the yummy stuff that I could have instead of what I could not. (I now have a real love affair going with sweet potatoes cooked in bacon grease).

A few days ago I slacked on my dietary choices some as I had a lot of family around cooking up all kinds of stuff; at first it was just a few bites of potatoes, then the next day it was some dairy, which turned into several days straight of dairy consumption, then beans with dinner last night...and today the pain I feel from my endometriosis is enough to take my breath away. I can't say for certain that it's diet related, but I have read several articles discussing the commonality of women with undiagnosed food allergies having major issues in their reproductive systems. I suppose I could try and duplicate the results, but I'd rather not.

Anyone with similar experiences? I'm open to suggestions and am thinking it's probably time to venture into paleo for the autoimmune.