This gluten free thing.... It's making me feel better!

Options
Hello group! I am very new to this GF biz. I had been trying for years to get to a healthy weight but nothing seemed to work. I love exercise but it was like I was spinning my wheels and going nowhere. Then I found out that my thyroid was not functioning AT ALL. Once we got that up and running 30 lbs just fell off.

Then I hit another roadblock. Severe hair loss. Extreme exhaustion. No more weight loss. I was eating great and working out better than ever but... Nothing. My doctors have decided that the gluten has to go.

SO... Here I am. One WHOLE week into eating GF and no processed foods and what do ya know???? I feel better!!!!!

So far it's been an easy transition but I am scared y'all: what happens when this girl wants a piece of cake?????????

Please- any tips/ ideas/ kind words would be so appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 30lbs lost! yes you can have your GF cake & eat it too, I make my own from my own blend of flours and its yummy. I don't make it very often tho. As I will eat ALL of it lol.
  • loreli1977
    loreli1977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • tyoung526
    tyoung526 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have actually found some gluten free recipes that taste better than the "regular" recipes. One of my favorites is gluten free corn bread!!!