Frozen Custard?

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
Can we have this? Obviously with no toppings or anything but just curious.

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Depends on what they put in it. Usually it's loaded with sugar!

I made a egg custard that tastes like cheesecake and is low carb.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @Panda_Poptarts recipe please :o
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Check the nutritional data information on the back of the package. Look at carbs, sugar, fat, protein, etc. and also check the ingredients listed. This is the easiest, quickest way you'll if you can have something or not. Get into making a habit of this and it will become so automatic you won't even have to think about it any more.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    It depends on your carb goal. As a general estimate it seems most 4 oz. servings would be 30-40 carbs. Keep in mind that is a very small serving!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    reblazed wrote: »
    @Panda_Poptarts recipe please :o

It's a pretty nice fat bomb! Warning: It freezes up like a rock without an ice cream machine, so you'll want to let it warm up a little before eating.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-frozen-custard-ice-cream-sort-recipe.html

I used 4TBSP sugar free caramel syrup + 1TBSP vanilla extract. It's very cheesecakey and delicious! If you use the "Freeze until firm" method, give it a stir every 30min or so to prevent it from freezing unevenly.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @Panda_Poptarts Thanks .. looks like the perfect one time treat when I get to Onederland.