Day 2, July 2nd, 60 Squats!!! CHECK IN

Options
I'm making today Tone your thighs Tuesday. Good Morning everyone. I am feeling really motivated because of this group. I cant wait to do today's squats. 60 squats today. I will break it into 2 sets of 30 with a 5 minute break in between. I think I might even start my Jillian Michael's 30 day shred again today. I had a great day eating yesterday, Morning- green goodness smoothie, lunch watermelon, Dinner-1 cup of homemade soup and 1 Strawberry Medifast. Snacks Cabbage salad (cabbage with fresh squeezed lemon dressing. I also made sure to get at least 8 cups of water in me. How are all of my squatters doing today?

Yesterday a group member talked to me about how many squats she could do out of the 50. I wanted to let everyone know that any squats you do whether 20 or all 50 you still have accomplished something. Some people may find it very hard or painful to do all 50. I told this member that maybe it would help her if she cut the number of daily squats in half. So today instead of 60 she could do 30. I hope that helps her. We are all doing this to tone and shape ourselves. Not to be in pain or pushing your knees harder then they can go. DO what you can do ladies and check in and let us know how its going. Sorry for my rambling on. I just want everyone to know they are accepted here no matter how many squats they can do :) GOOD LUCK ON DAY 2

Replies

• anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Not a very happy bunny today as I started my period and feeling bluuurgh! I completed the 60 squats though :happy: I'm using 1lb weights in each hand. Anybody else using or considering using weights too. Not really sure how holding weights helps, maybe one of you lovely ladies can enlighten me.

Good luck everybody for today. The scary first day is history, now we move upward (our bottoms that is :laugh: ).
  • Alatariel2002
    Alatariel2002 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    60 done! 3 sets of 20 with a minute rest in between. About half way I started to cuss myself wondering what in the world was I thinking when I signed up for this...lol! But I know it will be worth it in the end (no pun intended).
  • cathyg321
    cathyg321 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    60 done! 3 sets of 20 with a minute rest in between. About half way I started to cuss myself wondering what in the world was I thinking when I signed up for this...lol! But I know it will be worth it in the end (no pun intended).

I liked your idea to break them down into sets of 20. Squats done! YAY
  • pwcarswell
    pwcarswell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    60 done! I also broke them down into three sets of 20 with a one minute rest.
  • Daz49ers
    Daz49ers Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day two's 60 squats done, maybe not the greatest idea doing straight after the gym, my legs are on fire!!!
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Day two- Completed!
  • Linda_Kaye
    Linda_Kaye Posts: 81
    Options
    60 squats completed!
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    60 squats done!
  • honeymoonmamma
    Options
    Day 2 check. Thought about not doing them today because my legs are feeling yesterday, but then I thought about how this time I'm going to lose the weight and make myself proud. Quitting something day 2 is definitely NOT the way to reach my goals! The funny thing is, once I started I was fine. Of course I felt them, but they are done!
  • booknerd77
    booknerd77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sore from yesterday....but 60 are done!
  • jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Done.

Dumb question though - how are you guys recording your squats in the Execise tab? I think I'm doing it wrong, because when I entered the squats I did yesterday it didn't appear I got any credit for them. Maybe I'm doing this wrong.
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    60 squats done! I am surprised at my heart rate increase during these squats.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Day two's 60 squats done, maybe not the greatest idea doing straight after the gym, my legs are on fire!!!

Sweet! Im all done too! Got my 60 squats in~ 6 sets of 10 w 30 sec break between. Also Im using weights. 5 in each hand...I can really feel it GEESH!
  • Cindymop
    Cindymop Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 60 for today! I sure feel it! :sad: Great job guys! Keep going!:wink:
  • lstarrb
    lstarrb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I love squats challenges! This one will be my second squat challenge. I encourage everyone to take their measurements now so that you can have before and after measurements. And/OR take personal pics of your legs and butt before and after. I thought this was weird at first but when I was able to SEE the results I knew it was a good idea!

I'm enjoying the squats, using weights like some of the other ladies. Off to do my 60 squats now :)
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    60 done! right after breakfast :) and ohhh does it burn so good!
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    60 done...two sets of 30..the last 10 burned!

:flowerforyou:
  • melyndavaz
    melyndavaz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    60 squats completed
  • ashleigh0608
    Options
    4 sets of 15 done!
  • tarareifeiss
    Options
    Done 2 reps of 30 but counted in 10's made it fly by!