Potassium/Magnesium

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
I feel like I'm beating this subject to the ground. I have learned next time to order Mag online. But I have noticed I'm getting very little potassium during the day. Should I also take a supplement for this as well?

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    don't freak about the potassium, many foods have it but it is not required to be listed on nutritional information so nearly everything in mfp does not have it listed even though it is in the item. your likely getting more than you think
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I took one of my mag supplements today and I'm highly debating taking another....
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    What's the dosage? I range 400-600 but I know some folks do more.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I do like to add potassium. I do it in the form of a salt substitute called NuSalt. You find it at the grocery store by regular salt. I keep it in my regular salt shaker and add it to food as I'm cooking and still add sea salt from my grinder too.
    There are other brands as well. Just check the labels and make sure the the contents are potassium chloride.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I don't bother. Partly because I get it in food. Partly because it should stay inside cells and we shouldn't lose much. But mostly because I just don't feel any different with or without supplementation.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    My dosage is 250mg I think per tablet. I may take another after lunch.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Supplementing potassium makes me dump magnesium, so just be careful and watch the balance.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I've been taking two magnesium pills every day and I can tell when I forget to take them or I'm late in taking them.