March 2016 NSVs

Options
pnece
pnece Posts: 179 Member
Hi everyone! I'm thinking its time for us to celebrate all of our successes apart from the numbers on the scale, which as we all know can be very fickle. So I've started this NSV discussion. If you're not familiar with the abbreviation, NSV stands for Non-Scale Victory. Even though it's not quite March yet, here's an NSV I had today. I normally don't walk very quickly because my weight makes it hard and I get out of breath. Today I got tied up at work and left late for an appointment. So I decided to really try and hustle to get to my car, which was a couple blocks away. Although I couldn't sustain the pace for the entire walk, I did very well through most of it, and it only took me a few seconds to recover once I sat down in my car. Before taking some of my weight off, I may very well have called and cancelled the appointment!

Replies

• jewls10st2go
    jewls10st2go Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok so recent nsvs include; Doing the belt up and being comfortable on the plane. Being able to tie my work apron around the front of me instead of at the back. Buying the next size down in trousers and still having room. And just generally feeling better in myself every day. Keep going guys x x
  • pnece
    Options
    Great NSVs! Especially the feeling better in yourself one!
  • Fitandfabulous247
    Options
    I just recently rejoined and am trying to change my thinking and not just look at the scale so this is great! I am on limited exercise for now but hopefully that will soon change. I've had some diffulty doing some of the moves but this morning I found myself keeping up and nailing most of the moves. This was very rewarding and even though I just started it is encouraging me to continue. Thanks for letting me share! Peace and Blessings!
  • jewls10st2go
    jewls10st2go Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fantastic stuff
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have gotten myself back on plan after a week of, I guess, taking "a break." This morning I was very tempted to buy fast food even though I took breakfast from home. I ended up going with the breakfast from home. I made a commitment/promise to myself that I was going to start doing better, and I have. It's very hard though. I have to be selfish but I can't force others to do what I'm doing. I just do me and move on..that's all I can do.
  • Pandabear0324
    Pandabear0324 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    NSV! Today I managed to do 3.12 miles on the elliptical in 30 minutes!! I never thought I would be able to! I felt super nauseated and my face was beet red but I did it! However, I don't think I can make myself do it all the time lol
  • pnece
    Options
    @bevkidd1 - "I just do me" is great advice!!
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    11 days into this and I walked past a little Debbie cake and had Greek yogurt with 2 Tablespoons of granola for breakfast with a cup of black coffee . this is a double NSV because 1 I don't eat breaks and 2 I use to eat 3 little Debbie cakes for my 10 am snack !! So yes proud of me !!
  • pnece
    Options
    @katdanash -- your NSV made me grin! You go girl!
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    My biggest NSV is just getting up and moving more. Whether it be marching in place, going for a walk or doing an exercise dvd. I have not moved this much in a very long time. I am doing step challenges with co-workers and it has really got me stoked! I am having even more fun losing this weight! They keep me challenged and that's what I need.
  • AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There is a huge flight of stairs in my daughters school; it was her Parent's Evening last night and I walked up those stairs to get to her classroom and was just fine!
  • katdanash
    Options
    I made it 8 cups of water today !!! Drinking from Mason jar lol .. That's my NSV today :))
  • pnece
    Options
    Great NSVs one and all! Little or big, it all adds up! You might want to think about them the next time you're making a food choice......
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    oh, I like reading these! Just the little changes in mindset are amazing---we get so stuck in our ruts sometimes!
    For me, my NSV came earlier this month when I realized that I was swimming a mile in 50 minutes----I started swimming a mile a week about 2 years ago, and it took me 75 minutes. I googled how long it SHOULD take, and it was 45 minutes. Just doing it over and over I got stronger and faster---but was not really aware of it until I had to start adding laps to get an hour of swimming in.

Thanks all for sharing your NSV's!!! :)
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Its funny how when we finally realize we have changed its a shock! I literally just realized when i came to check in that i have had a favorite chocolate in my purse for a week now, my husband slipped it in and i just never ate it! It feels good, and i am gonna give it back to my husband tomorrow cause i dont want to eat it!
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    I marched in place for 15,404 steps (took some breaks). I know that sounds crazy but I do step challenges with friends at work that have fitbits. I have burned 3,736 calories total for the day. I have become obsessed, can you tell? Lol
  • pnece
    Options
    My NSV for the week is a big one for me. I went to Epcot at Disneyworld Monday and walked over 13,000 steps per my Fitbit -- but even more importantly, I lived to tell the tale! Moving around slowly today but moving nonetheless!
  • katdanash
    Options
    NSV. 25 days and not one drink of soda. Added aerobics (low impact ) short burst . however much better than sitting on the couch
  • pnece
    Options
    @katdanash -- I'm betting those short burst aerobics are really good for you!!
  • bevkidd1
    Options
    My latest NSV's are as follows:
    1. My double chin is disappearing
    2. My collarbones are very close to showing themselves.
    3. My jeans that I have not been able to wear for about a year now, I can wear again without feeling that if I breath they will bust.
    4. I don't get nearly as winded when I walk.
    That's enough for now. But on a side note, when my collarbones finally show themselves I will probably cry like a big baby. I know it sounds funny but that is a very big deal to me! But I know I am making progress because I am seeing all of these changes now. It has just fueled me to keep going every day. I may not see the results on the scale but I see and feel them every day on my body. That's the greatest feeling I have ever had. My new motto: I got this! Lol