Benefit Tonight--Awesome.... (Or Blergh.)

Options
mallaidhnme
mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
So I have to attend a benefit dinner tonight. Of course the menu is off-the-charts out of my plan; just guesstimating the calories for the full meal put me over my count in one meal. It's a benefit, so I don't have to attend them often, but still a little freaked out. South Louisiana does not do healthy cooking well. Ha!

Anyone else have to manage daily goals with can't-be-avoided special occasions?

Replies

• hev481
    hev481 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When they are truly special occasions that are once in a while I make it a cheat meal/evening! I try to eat on the lighter side during the day (no starving, just reasonable, good portions) and don't stress about the night. Then you just get right back on the horse the next day with meeting daily goals!

My one goal for cheat days/meals is that it has to be worth it. If I take a bite of something and it is mediocre, I don't finish it or keep eating that bit because it's not worth the calories! I would much rather take seconds of something that I love and truly enjoy than just eat what's in front of me because it's there.

• mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good point. Tonight wasn't as bad as I thought I would be. They gave me a weirdly double portion of steak because I can't wat shellfish, and that was on the menu, but it wasn't great, so I didn't have any. The dessert didn't look fabulous enough to ear, so I ended up with another glass of wine. Win in my book!