Lunch That Works

Options
lizadaze
lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
As a busy professional, lunch can be a disaster if I am not prepared or thoughtful. I tend to eat a quick lunch while working at my desk and usually pack and bring my lunch and snacks to work. A few things that are helpful are having handy containers. I just bought a bento lunch box (Lifemark Labs) and a set of sectioned containers (California Home Goods) off Amazon that make prep easy and I can make multiple meals at once or easily portion leftovers into several containers. I also love my sectioned snack cups for veggies and hummus or another two-part snack (Sistema).

For lunch, I also start with the protein base and tend to cook on the weekends. Grilled chicken breasts, salmon, beef steak. I also keep small cans of tuna on hand at work. Any of theses proteins are great cold sliced thin over a mixed salad. Even easier is low sodium deli meats and cheese.

Sometimes I will have a sandwich, but am trying to limit my breads. Pita pockets are a good options.

I also love soup. Make a big batch and then put leftovers in individual portions that I can grab and go.

So what about you? What is your favorite quick lunch that makes you feel good about taking care of yourself?

Here are my containers:

86f41ysudwih.jpeg
5jl1qmrp0qf6.jpeg
o4xq8vn3c8rf.jpeg