100% Challenge - Color Me Healthy! Monday, February 29, 2016 to April 10, 2016

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

03/17/2016 100%

Hi
    I walked to the next town for a haircut 12.4K steps round-trip. Just my luck, the Barber was closed for a vacation :) So I ended up at a nearby diner and had two eggs, a fruit cup, and a a little Dry Rye toast with coffee before heading back.

The weather so far is good today, warming up nicely. I only needed one layer to keep warm and medium warmth gloves.

Have a Great Friday
    RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    03/18/2016 100%

Hi
    I walked a total of 9471 steps so far today. That includes My regular walk, The Produce store for myself and my brother. I picked up 4 Apples, some Bananas, Lettuce @ 89Cents and Two 1 pound containers of Strawberries at a decent price of 2 for $1 and other items for my brother. His total came to $10 even, I could not do that again if I were trying to. Then over to the Dollar Store for a Quart of UHT Milk for $1 and two Brown & Serve Breakfast entrees for $1 each. They are a decent calorie count at 340 calories and 350 calories, Sausage links, Potatoes, Eggs and French Toast or Pancakes considering they will be replacing a NS Entree, a PF & a SC in one plate, I did not worry about the Sodium which is a little high at 800+mg :) They will only be a Sunday Morning treat/change of taste.

Then on to the Acme for a few Lean Cuisine Entrees at $1.88 or $2.29. The ones I bought will mostly work as a lunch at 180 to 200 calories and 8 ounces plus.

Have a Great Sunday
    RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options

03/19/2016 Not 100%
    I had a Eggroll my brother brought home

Hi
    The weather is OK so far, The wind was adding enough chill that I pulled on the hood from the hoodie and tied it around my face which made the walk OK and 7.7K Steps. I forgot to mention that I found one whole cent yesterday, Whee, I'm getting rich :)
    Snow is still in the forecast for later on into early Monday :(

Local prices are strange, Cheap Strawberries & Bananas, Local Supermarket has Chicken Leg Quarters for $0.39 a pound. Cheapest meat available right now when even Ground Beef is around $3 a pound. last two weeks they had whole chickens for $0.99 a pound.

I tried the Brown & Serve Pancake breakfast, I made a mistake in Yesterdays description, neither one has eggs :(
    So I had two sausage links, 2 pancakes and some Potato Bites. 340 calories, 9g protein, 39g carbs and 820mg sodium. Tasty if a bit high on carbs & sodium. A nice change for a Sunday Morning Breakfast.

vaPJqi.jpg
    Have a Good Day
    RogerToo

7tpULY.jpg
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Roger, I have no idea how you can do all the walking you do. You are an inspiration. This last week I walked more as I was dog sitting my grand dog. Multiple walks during the day equals more steps, but I still did not make my 10k. I do feel like I am slipping into old habits which are not good. I know my life coach said that I need balance and to allow myself more on the relationship side, but with that comes more eating out. I stay on plan until dinner, then I tend to blow it. I keep trying to the best I can.
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options

03/21/2016 and 3/20/2016 100%

Hi
    7.6K steps so far for the day. It was 31 degrees this morning, hard to believe it is supposed to be 60 as a high. The Sun is shining and there was nearly no breeze so it was a nice walk.

Nothing much planned for later on today. Currently as I type this I am converting some Phonograph records into Digital format on the computer and plan to see what ones I want to do next. Also I can capture some videos into the other computer at the same time :) Currently capturing is a Petula Clark record, Maybe I will dig out the Old Time Radio Show records I bought years ago and capture them next to listen to when I walk, Or maybe the Glenn Miller Albums. Hard to decide, It may come down to what I dig out of the basement first.

Have a Good Day
    RogerToo
    Roger, I have no idea how you can do all the walking you do. You are an inspiration. This last week I walked more as I was dog sitting my grand dog. Multiple walks during the day equals more steps, but I still did not make my 10k. I do feel like I am slipping into old habits which are not good. I know my life coach said that I need balance and to allow myself more on the relationship side, but with that comes more eating out. I stay on plan until dinner, then I tend to blow it. I keep trying to the best I can.

Hi Donna

How do I do the walking? I think of it as being good for me and go out the door. Also it helps burn calories :)

Could You eat at home instead of out by having whoever in and cooking? FWIW even eating out You can try and follow the NutriSystem Eating out guide.

If You are eating home and want a change of pace try some of the Lean Cuisine frozen Entrees some are 200 calories or less, I use them as a lunch and the ones that are over that as Dinner. I have been reviewing them here, I am running behind slightly on the Mini reviews.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews
    Next up is the Chicken in Sweet BBQ Sauce 280 calories, Cheddar Bacon Chicken & Cheesy Broccoli, & the LC Chicken Marsala.

Some of them may help with Your Dinner Cravings? They are one of the reasons I have delayed my next NS order :)

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger,
    My name is Letha and I'm doing a 100% NS Challenge called "Hardcore Hoff" on the After 50 forum. It will likely be dissolving the end March and I'm looking for new 100% challenges. Looks like you are short on participation. Do you think you'll do another 100% NS challenge after April 10th?
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Welcome Letha, we would be glad to have you. Roger is a great inspiration.

Roger, I know what you mean, when I am not eating NS food, I am trying to eat non-processed, but I am just starting that and I think a lot of it is fear.

3/22 100%
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options

03/22/2016 100%

Hi
    I stopped at the Post office to mail a letter on my walk + 1 cent. When I was Younger there were Mail boxes all over the place, No more.

The weather was nice and tomorrow promises to be somewhat better too. I think I'll go get my haircut tomorrow, That is the date the note on the door said he would be back from vacation.

Enjoy The Day
    RogerToo
    Klipsan wrote: »
    Hi Roger,
    My name is Letha and I'm doing a 100% NS Challenge called "Hardcore Hoff" on the After 50 forum. It will likely be dissolving the end March and I'm looking for new 100% challenges. Looks like you are short on participation. Do you think you'll do another 100% NS challenge after April 10th?

Hi Letha
    You could start here anytime :)
    I will be doing another one following this one, I did not bother with a spreadsheet for this one But if I can do one. Here is an example of a previous Spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fJZO5QULtuN4eXE3mN0U-QQ05iBxqeUIJm0LhrFZFHo/pubhtml

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Welcome Letha, we would be glad to have you. Roger is a great inspiration.

Roger, I know what you mean, when I am not eating NS food, I am trying to eat non-processed, but I am just starting that and I think a lot of it is fear.

3/22 100%

Hi Donna
    I must be in a minority by not being afraid of processed food :)

FWIW I just tried the Lean Cuisine "Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry" 270 calories, 14g protein, 48g carbohydrates and 650mg Sodium. A little high on the Carbs, however it was delicious, I wish I had bought two of them now when they were on sale.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options

03/23/2016 100%

Hi
    I was successful getting my haircut today. I walked to the Barbershop in the next town and back 11.8K steps , got my haircut, then went into the dinner on the corner for two eggs, A fruit cup in place of the Potatoes and a few bites of dry Rye toast and a Large Coffee for the walk back :)

A nice looking day outside, A little breeze in my face on the walk back but tolerable in my Hoodie. I listened to one of the records I captured a couple of days back while I was walking. A Petula Clark singing in French called 23 Chansons Celebres De Paris which I think translates as 23 songs Celebrating Paris.

Have a Good Thursday
    RogerToo
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Better day for me today.

3/23 100%
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options

03/24/2016 100%

Hi
    I got out walking today early due to the rain in the forecast for this morning. It is gloomy outside and when I left I could see water drops on the cars and wet spots on the street, However I am now home and I had no rain fall on me. Probably because I was ready for it with a Rain jacket and Umbrella. They stayed in my Pocket unneeded :)

Breakfast in a hour, Wheat Flakes, 1% UHT milk, The last of my NS Strawberry Protein shake :(

Currently recording a Ste of Fibber McGee & Molly Christmas Album from 78s
    On the Night Before Christmas

Have a Good Good Friday
    Roger

RujcnV.jpg
    Better day for me today.

3/23 100%

Hi Donna
    Congratulations.

Here we go into the Weekend, My brother is Picking up a Ham for the Easter meal, Hopefully the Low Sodium hams are out this year. We had one last year and it still tasted good, Better that the previous year TBH, That one was too salty.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/25/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    One more day until Easter Sunday. 20 degrees colder today than Friday, Still tolerable however. I could even feel the Suns heat on my back when I was walking away from it.

Yesterdays 78RPM records to Computer captures went OK. I had some test pressings and recordings from Recording studios in NYC and Hollywood that were interesting. Today I am looking at doing some more 78s, mainly old humor types that I picked up years ago on a whim.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options

03/26/2016 100%

Notice that the CostCo Gift NS card sale is almost ended, Monday is it.
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 3/3/16 through 3/28/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00 manufacturer’s discount
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included

Hi
    I have a busy day ahead of me, I already went out walking and picked up two heads of lettuce and two Apples + 7.4k steps :)
    Next is Breakfast, Then Friday the Mail delivery had the Onion plants my Brother ordered and Saturdays mail had the 5 summer bearing and the 5 fall bearing Raspberry plants and a Blackberry plant as well as 3 columnar Apple Trees. They Berry and the apple trees need to be planted today as their in rain in the forecast for tomorrow. Luckily we were outside getting the planting bed ready for the onions and where the Berry plants will go yesterday.

As well as all that we have Easter Dinner to get ready :)

Happy Easter
    Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    xdW6yA.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options

03/27/2016 Not 100%

Today is the last day of the CostCo Gift NS card sale.
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 3/3/16 through 3/28/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00 manufacturer’s discount
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included

Hi
    I did go out walking in the rain, No Singing in the rain however. I did put on full rain gear. I ended up overdressed towards the end of the walk with the Hoodie under the rain jacket. I did get Damp inside the shoes.

Yesterday We got the 10 Raspberry plants, the Blackberry plant, The Three Columnar Apple trees, and three of the four bundles of the various types of Onions planted. We were both tired by the time we were finished doing the digging and planting. Watered them in and now with today's rain they should be good for a couple of days with no watering needed :) The rain in the forecast is why the push to get them in the ground on Sunday.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options

03/28/2016 100%

Hi
    It was very windy outside starting in the afternoon and building in the evening. By this morning the wind and wind chill were tolerable.

I did make a stop at the grocery store for Fuji Apples, Somewhat greenish Bananas a I still have a ripe one for tomorrow and Heads of lettuce :)
    For Breakfast I had Multi-Grain Cheerios, and a Banana, the banana before I walked and the Cereal after the walk.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger

BTW the Costco NS Gift Card Sale has ended.
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/29/2016 100%

Hi
    Another Day, another walk :)
    7500+ Steps and 15 Cents today, Whee....
    The Weather is clear and just above freezing so I wore a sweatshirt & over that a Hoodie. Walking I am listening to a old time radio shows. Intro to the show goes
    There he goes, into that drug store. He's stepping on the scale.
    Weight, two hundred thirty-nine pounds.
    Fortune ... danger.
    Whoooooooooo is it?
    The Fat Man.

Have a great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    03/30/2016 100%

Hi
    Once again I was walking then home for breakfast and out again to CostCo for Frozen vegetables, 2 Normandy Mix and once French Green beans, 18 Pack of Light & Fit Greek, Pink Lady Apples, I thought I was grabbing the Honey Crisp, A Customer must have moved them :) they are OK too, and a Bag of Clementines. 9200+ Steps so far.

The weather is great today, I made the mistake of overdressing for the temperature so I was feeling a little overheated by the time I got home. I picked up a free cup of Dunkin Donut coffee as I had received a email notice that the coupon was about to expire.

I just started copying a Record Album featuring 180 old time radio themes into the computer.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2016
    Options

03/31/2016 100%
    Hi
    It is warm outside and occasional light rain too. I went out in a Pocket T-shirt and Rain gear and was too warm. Harder rain is in the forecast for later on today.

Some of the new NS frozen Dinners in case You missed them are the NS Beef and Broccoli with Orzo 200 Calories
    U7V4Yo.jpg
    The NS Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry 250 Calories
    yPzFDy.jpg
    and the NS Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo 230 Calories
    ZY8LUb.jpg

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/01/2016 100%

Hi
    It started to rain just as I was heading out the door so I came back in and put on the entire rain suit, 7.9K steps & 51 cents today. Poor looking weather forecast for the rest of today and High wind warnings overnight into Sunday :(

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2016
    Options

04/02/2016 100%

Hi
    It is really windy today, Wind Chill is somewhat bitter too, I wore my ersatz wind breaker the Lightweight rain jacket:) When walking into the Wind it slowed me to a crawl until it would drop off for a minute or two. I think I missed some money too, That's my guess when I saw someone ahead of me bend down and pick something up off of the sidewalk, Oh Well. 8300+ Steps today.

Currently I am converting some video soundtracks into MP3s to load into the iPod and will be adding some movie soundtracks and 78 RPM records I captured into the computer to the iPod too.

Have a Really Good Sunday
    Roger