Completing diaries

Options
finzi1981
finzi1981 Posts: 12 Member
Hi all,

While following the EM2WL plan do you carry on clicking the "complete diary" button? I ask because mine will now tell me that in so many weeks I will have gained so many pounds and psychologically I find that very discouraging. What do you do about this?

Replies

• ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I log everything but at the end of the day I don't click the button to complete my diary. I hate seeing how much I could weigh and never do anyway. It's playing with my mind, lol
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, not to see those numbers, but I learned to ignore those numbers a long time ago. Though it should have been a clue to me because I never reached the number given "in 5 weeks" after months and months.

I'd just complete your food diary for your tracking purposes but not click the complete button.
  • finzi1981
    finzi1981 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you, it's good to know it's not just me. Enjoy what's left of the weekend!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I did submit daily while I was resetting. I just paid no attention to the you would weigh statement. I haven't been submitting this month due to illness, medical procedures requiring DRASTIC changes to my current eating habits, I just didn't want all that in my diary. Starting today, I will be submitting again and opening my diary back for my friends list.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16107533-weight-in-5-weeks

You cannot turn it off, your food log does not need to be completed every day ... or ever, for that matter. It's meant to give you an idea of what to expect if everything stayed just like today ... I think it's meant to be incentive.

AFM ... I do complete the entries as I go along, without paying attention to that trend number.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16107533-weight-in-5-weeks

You cannot turn it off, your food log does not need to be completed every day ... or ever, for that matter. It's meant to give you an idea of what to expect if everything stayed just like today ... I think it's meant to be incentive.

AFM ... I do complete the entries as I go along, without paying attention to that trend number.

I wish that, when looking back through the records, you could tell which ones had been submitted. Sometimes I wonder, is that how much I ate, or did I just stop tracking?
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    ambsnic17 wrote: »
    I log everything but at the end of the day I don't click the button to complete my diary. I hate seeing how much I could weigh and never do anyway. It's playing with my mind, lol

Glad I saw this, I will do it the same way you do yours;) thanks much, denise
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I did submit daily while I was resetting. I just paid no attention to the you would weigh statement. I haven't been submitting this month due to illness, medical procedures requiring DRASTIC changes to my current eating habits, I just didn't want all that in my diary. Starting today, I will be submitting again and opening my diary back for my friends list.

Hi RH, I am sorry to hear about the medical issues. I can relate, but am hoping and praying that I won't run into anything, at least for awhile. I'm noticing that the older I get, the longer it takes for things to heal. I have a pacemaker, so it isn't a serious surgery to replace it, but I've had it replaced 3 times now since 97. It's a have to because the battery runs down, lol!!

Well, I'm having to get my foods lined up again now too so we'll both be starting our diaries again;) Hang in there k, and I will too!! We can do it;) denise