I am new to this.

Options
Hi, everyone! My name is Landon Phelps. I was encouraged by @karlottap to get on here and join this group because it would benefit me extremely with my journey to losing weight and living way more healthier than I am. @karlottap is my mother, and I love her dearly. I used to make fun of her for getting on here and conversing with all of you guys, but now I am on here for guidance and support/help as well. I have always struggled with food, especially the ones with all the carbs. So, you all may add me if you wish, and I hope to receive any kind of guidance I can get. Thanks!

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Awe welcome! We all love your mom too :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And yes, your mom is great. :)
  • lphelps1997
    lphelps1997 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! She is awesome.

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Welcome and so awesome that you can join your mum on your health journey together.
    Sometimes I find it hard to do what my mum does, even if it makes good sense. Took me ages to be comfortable doing that, so well done for overcoming that barrier. Wishing you every success in your journey.
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome, your mum is fab and has great advice, it will be nice to pass it along, although you've probably heard it all before...ha ha.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side. ;) everyone around here is super helpful and friendly, including your mom. I hope we can all help each other.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome Landon! We love your mother. She IS awesome!! We're happy to be your cheering section too!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Happy to have you in the group!
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, Landon! I'm new too :smile:
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Aaw, hi Sweetie! Welcome! We love your Mom here! This is the place to be !
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! There is lots of support and good advice here!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group .....wishing you much success :)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Landon! I'm getting back in after falling off the wagon recently. This group is phenomenal, full of really supportive, intelligent people.

We're all here because we all struggle with carbs, or at least did for a long time. I'm reminding myself how it gets amazingly easy to pass them up once you've gone LCHF for a few days.

Wishing you all the best!

Mary
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome for @lphelps1997! I'm so proud of him for jumping in too! It's not easy to begin with, but becomes the easiest as you learn! These people here have been an awesome source of support for me, and I know they can all be the same for you!! :heart:
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome Landon!!! We are happy to have you!! Your mom is awesome-a total inspiration!!
  • LiftRunRepeat22
    LiftRunRepeat22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name is Landon Phelps. I was encouraged by @karlottap to get on here and join this group because it would benefit me extremely with my journey to losing weight and living way more healthier than I am. @karlottap is my mother, and I love her dearly. I used to make fun of her for getting on here and conversing with all of you guys, but now I am on here for guidance and support/help as well. I have always struggled with food, especially the ones with all the carbs. So, you all may add me if you wish, and I hope to receive any kind of guidance I can get. Thanks!

All my husband does is make fun of me and my "carb cult." Well, I lost 100lbs and am the healthiest I've ever been. So he can go ahead and laugh. :tongue:

Welcome. It's tricky to get into the groove, but once you do, repetition will make it easy and your new normal. The momentum from the habits you cement will carry you forward, through plateaus and the annoying things life throws at us here and there.

Use the support you have here. There has never been a bigger carbaholic than myself. I would have never gotten where I am without the invaluable help I got from my support groups and now I'm paying it forward.

Consistency + Perseverance + Time = Success
    You can do it. And if things get hard, or you are at a loss, we are here for ya. :smile: