March Goals Thread

Options
Happy Leap Day!

Let's leap forward into March (hahahahaha, I'll be here ALL WEEK!!) and list up our goals for the month here.

Replies

• cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    1. NO BAD SNACKING. This has gotten bad lately as my grehlin has started coming back. I've caught myself making some poor choices.
    2. Push my 5K time to under 35 minutes.
    3. Work on notching up a weight bar for both my light and heavy bars in my Muscle Max class.
    4. NO BAD SNACKING. It bears repeating.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1. Get more sleep. I've noticed that weeks when I've averaged between 7-8 hours/night have a much higher wl compared to those 5-6 hour/night weeks.
    2. Start weight training 3x week.
    3. Hit 10,000 steps on fitbit every day.
    4. Keep up my login streak on mfp.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    1. Continue my personal "Do More, Give More" challenge. Just over $400 donated in 2 months.

2. Make my 500k step goal for March. I just missed it in February and I'm not happy about that. I've been sick, but massive vomiting and diarrhea is no excuse!

3. Add another day each week of arms to my workout routine. Currently, my arms are the part I'm most unhappy with, so I'm going to focus there this month.
  • RNAmanda83
    RNAmanda83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    maybe typing this out for everyone to see will help keep me more accountable. Sleeved 4/22/15 and down 84#. I am getting married in October and would like to lose 20-30 more pounds and tone up.
    1. Start eating right again, i've went back to my old habits of grazing and snacking on things I shouldn't be.
    2. drink more water!
    3. hit my goal of 10,000 steps per day (i've only been averaging 3-5,000, yikes!)
    4. add in some strength training
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. lose 15lbs it's just one month since being sleeved and I'm hungry all the time.
    2. start walking longer on the treadmill.
    3. Drinking all my water. it so hard lately to get that 60 ozs
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm at a stage of weight loss I knew was coming but I'm surprised now that I'm there. I'm working on maintenance of my goals have changed.
    1. Maintain my weight loss.
    2. Learn how many calories work for maintenance
    3. Continue my exercise habits I learned during the last year of weight loss
    4. Support friends still losing weight and those on maintenance (I didn't get here by myself and I need to pay it forward)
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    1. Make 5 new and healthy recipes
    2. 8 mile hike
    3. Hit 70,000 steps one week
    4. Attend my monthly support group meeting
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    1) Make sure I swim at least 75 laps each time I go.
    2) Drink more water
    3) Focus on hitting at least 60grams protein a day
    4) Start doing work on toning arms and belly.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Start preparing for my 1st 5K in June. Join a gym to start working on strength and core. Lose 10 lbs this month. Spend more time focusing on the important things in life, God and family.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    1. Increase my weights at the gym and add more leg work to my routine
    2. Eat healthier snacks
    3. Monitor protein better
    4. Reach goal weight of 145 (5lbs to go)
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    March is my first month post-surgery so here are my goals!

*lose at least 20 pounds total this month
    *get back to my routine of working out everyday
    *make it through the liquid and puree stages with my sanity
    *make my protein goal each day
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    So 10 days in...

1. The snacking seems to be under control. I'm snacking but with throwaway things that are OK (veggies, lowfat cheese, high-protein things). BUT HOLY COW, I'MMA SMACK MY HUSBAND IF HE KEEPS BRINGING PRINGLES INTO OUR HOUSE.
    2. I am at a good first-half pace for under 35 minutes, but I'm having problems sustaining the pace all the way through. I started doing some intervals/sprint training to help with that.
    3. I'm still not feeling comfortable enough to go up a bar on all of my weight class things. I may start working with three so I can have one heavy bar for arms vs. my heavy bar for legs while I transition.

Soooooo... getting there, but progress is slow. That said, slow progress is still progress. How is everyone else doing?
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1. Sleep. Still have some 5 hour nights, but I'm usually 6+/7 with a couple of glorious 8 hour nights.
    2. Start weight training 3x week. Ummm . . . Ok, this will happen during the 2nd half of the month!
    3. Hit 10,000 steps on fitbit every day. I'm doing this about 4/7 days & climbing.
    4. Keep up my login streak on mfp. A solid YES!

Thanks for asking, @cmchandler74 !

• arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Goal 1 : walk 30 minutes two times weekly
    Goal 2 :drink 64 ounces water
    Goal 3: yoga for 30 minutes weekly
  • BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am 6 days post sleeve.
    1. I am roughly 228 right now. I would like to see 215 at the end of the month.
    2. Hit my water/fluid intake, it is incredibly difficult for me.
    3. Make it through this work week, going back tomorrow.
    4. Make sure to keep moving.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Good luck to all of you recently out of surgery. It does get easier and you're doing the right thing by setting goals. Keep up the great work!

Goal Updates
    1. Increase my weights at the gym and add more leg work to my routine - YES!!
    2. Eat healthier snacks - YES so far so good
    3. Monitor protein better - still need to focus on this
    4. Reach goal weight of 145 (5lbs to go) - @ 148 this morning (3lbs to go and I will officially be at 1/2 the body weight I started at last December)

How is everyone else doing?
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    Last push for the end of the month. How's everyone doing?

Updates:
    1. Still doing really well with the snacking. A small slip now and again, but nothing as bad as it was getting.
    2. NAILED IT! I ran a 5K this weekend and my official time was 34:53 with a chip time of 34:41.
    3. I think the weight goal is going to have to roll to next month. I'm still not anywhere near moving up just yet but my current bars are getting a bit easier so there's that.
  • happyjoyousfree1
    Options
    My goals are
    lose 15 so far 10.2 still have a few more days.
    more treadmill, doing it every day!!
    drinking all my water, doing better lol
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Great job on the 5K cmchandler! That's the best feeling of accomplishment isn't it?!!
    Ellelive - you've had a very successful month. Amazing weight loss.

Goal Updates
    1. Increase my weights at the gym and add more leg work to my routine - YES!!
    2. Eat healthier snacks - YES so far so good
    3. Monitor protein better - still need to focus on this
    4. Reach goal weight of 145 (5lbs to go) - still @ 148 this morning

Easter was a tough holiday - I think the 2lbs I gained back are water weight from the ham. Looking to shed those this week and up my weight program. Time to get serious!!
  • happyjoyousfree1
    Options
    Well it's the 31st and I fell short of the 15lbs by 2 and you know what who cares.
    I say let's start an April Goal Thread!