C10K, W9, D1

Options
DeeDiddyGee
DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
Good morning, everyone!

I hope you all had a nice weekend. We are having unusually warm weather up here in the Northeast, and I spent a good part of the weekend outside. Very nice.

Today is the day we go beyond the 5K training. This is new territory for me. Frankly, I am not sure I can cut it; however, I will keep posting the workouts for those of you are rocking it (you know who you are)!

Here is today's workout:

W9, D1
Brisk 5-minute warm-up walk
  • Jog for 10 minutes
  • Walk for 1 minute
  • REPEAT 4 TIMES
5-minute cool-down walk.

Enjoy YOUR day!

Dee :)

Replies

• d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    F22 triad W6D1 complete.
    • 44 push-ups (bars),
    • 76 sit-ups,
    • 64 squats.

Really starting to feel this workout now. Thinking about splitting it off from the 10K app.
    10K app Sun, Tue, and Thurs. F22 apps Mon, Wed, Fri. Rest Saturday. Next F22 workout, W6D2, scheduled for Wednesday.

Also been thinking about starting the (beginner) pull-up app from Fitness 22 on Wed as well. Will see what shoulder has to say about that. First pull-up workout is 3 sets of 2 reps.

10K app W9D1 complete.
    • normal 5 minute warm-up
    • 10 minute jog @ 5 mph, 1 minute walk @ 3.5, repeat 4x
    • (no extra sprints)
    • normal 5 minute cool-down

Had to walk the last 2 minutes of the fourth jog set with stitch in right side. W9D2 is same workout. Curious to see what happens without F22 apps workout in front of the 10K app workout.

FITBIT CHARGE HR STATS
    • 100 minutes total,
    • 85 active minutes,
    • 981 cals,
    • 8,054 steps,
    • 5.10 miles.

• 0 minutes in peak zone (>160 bpm, peak HR 167 bpm),
    • 47 minutes in cardio zone (130 - 160),
    • 46 minutes in fat burn zone (95 - 130),
    • and the rest out of zone (<95 bpm).
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good luck both....doing great!!
    Yes I think that Orphia's Hal Hallinger schedule said to do something else on 'off' running days, so muscles do something else, so I think that does make sense...good luck :smiley: