Exercise Plans and Advice

Options
bruhaha007
bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
Please post your exercise routines and advise, and questions for advise on this thread

Replies

• nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't have my workout plan down to a specific schedule yet, but over the next 16 weeks, I will increase my running endurance (because I really really want to run a marathon in July), and add 3 days of strength training in.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Would just like to know if people generally eat the calories they earn from exercise or do you leave it to help your weight loss. I'm quite nervous about eating more.
  • JeffFit70
    JeffFit70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Would just like to know if people generally eat the calories they earn from exercise or do you leave it to help your weight loss. I'm quite nervous about eating more.

Your activity level is usually accounted for in most methods that set your calories. I would not worry about how much you burn during exercise or trying to eat those calories back. 1. The calories burned is usually greatly overestimated 2. It is something else to track and calculate and worry about that isn't necessary.

Personally, I track my food intake, weight, and waist measurement. Just log this info and you will have the data you need to monitor your progress and make adjustments.
  • jady333
    jady333 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I eat into my exercise calories a lot. It depends on how much I've exercised as to whether or not I feel guilty.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Similar to Jeff, I don't really pay attention to how many calories I've burnt exercising nor do I eat more if I exercised more that day. I set a goal for my macro nutrients (protein, carbs, fat) based on my current plan. For instance right now my goal is 1.5g of protein per lb body weight, 1.5g of carbs per lb body weight, and .5 g of fat per lb body weight. The tracking on here makes that fairly easy to monitor and than you can adjust accordingly. Throughout the 16 weeks I will lower that carb count to closer to 1g per lb or possibly even lower to speed up fat burning.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Day two and I got myself back on the treadmill. We have a Golds Gym model that has been sitting on our landing because if it was closer to my bedroom rather than downstairs I would use it for sure. Hahaha. I crack myself up sometimes. It has been a great dust collector for months. Well today I dusted it off and did the weight loss program 1. It was 1/2 hour of walking with different speeds and inclines. I feel good for finishing it. I also started a Denise Austin Daily Dozen DVD. I am pretty sure I can do these first thing in the morning and work it into my schedule without to much effort. Still had time to make breakfast for my husband and I before it was time to leave for work. This just might work!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Awesome job Dianne! Getting started can be the hardest part, proud of you!
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My fitness level is really low, so I've been working my way through Jillian Michael's Beginner's Shred. I'm halfway through it. Then I plan to do the 30 Day Shred, and then I'll dust off my P90X3 DVDs and work my way through that program again since I loved it so much last time.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies about eating exercise calories. I was hoping not to eat them so you've made me feel ok about this ☺
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Today I did my 30 min on the exercise bike and 60 min walking. I'm happy I did it I feel great.
    Thanks Bruhaha007 Have a wonderful day!
  • fun2love
    fun2love Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fitness goals: get to pool 4 to 5 days/nights a week. Water aerobics classes for 120 minutes or more. 1200 calorie diet...and never eat the workout calories! I aim for 20 grams of protein for each meal. Everything is counted and weighed! So far so good! Oh and drinks lots of water, but wait 30 to 60 minutes after eating before drinking. :#
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    You're welcome Judy! You are doing amazing!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    I just did my first cardio-acceleration workout mixed with super sets of chest, shoulders, and triceps. Adding 60 seconds of cardio between sets was challenging but it was a nice change and I left the gym sweating more than normal on a strength training day. Based on what I have researched you are supposed to be able to burn fat for a longer period of time after you leave the gym when adding the 60 seconds of high intensity exercises in-between sets. Guess I will see what happens!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    You are doing great Bruhaha007! Nice burn!
  • SouleGirl802
    SouleGirl802 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Jazzercise since August at least 4 or 5 hours per week. This is NOT your mama's exercise class-it kicks my butt! But I've gone from nearly throwing up in the first class to reaching my peak heart rate and sustaining it for the hardest part of the cardio routine which lasts about 25 mins. I feel great and it's made a huge difference. I've lost 10 pounds, and dropped 6% of my body fat.
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    ^awesome!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Great job @SouleGirl802 , dropping 6% of your body fat is very impressive!
  • SouleGirl802
    SouleGirl802 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm using exercise programs from my library. I borrowed dvds and now I use their streaming service hoopla digital. My library has a bunch of the Jillian ones and the whole Richard Simmons collection. It's good to have variety. I like home workouts because no one is watching and I can't make excuses.
    I just have to do it and dance around and move. And someday, I'll like it. Cheers to success.
  • thematrixfoundation
    Options
    Thanks for the comments very encouraging. Am on my 3 day of this diet n exercise workout. Been having salad n protein either chicken,hard boiled egg n fish and water n detox tea n fruits in moderation. Is it good to have fruits in the morning or best evening?