Why why WHY!

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
I choose to allow myself a few more carbs that normal this weekend and I feel AWFUL. Yuck. I'm at employee orientation for my new job and all they have for breakfast is muffins and banana bread. So....I had banana bread because dummy here didn't eat breakfast before I came. Yuck. I'm drinking tea with splenda and plan on devouring some meat at lunch time. I wondering if I'm experiencing the keto flu?

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Just move on. Eventually you'll see that stuff and think "that's not food," and you'll draw on your new-found ability to simply delay eating till later.

And it's not "keto flu," but there can be sort of an opposite "carb flu." Bloating, hypoglycemia, stomach upset.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yup that's how I felt. I took my magnesium and I feel ions better. Lunch is coming up so I'm hoping to feel better!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keep a pockful of MCT Oil Capsules on hand, for carbless energy at any time! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's the carbs that make you feel bad when you haven't been eating them! Ugh! Glad it's better!

Enjoy lunch and the rest of your day! :blush: