Low carb flavorings

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
I stumbled on these after a quick Google search for apple cinnamon flavor. They have a million different flavors. I have not tried them yet nor have I looked at any reviews to see if they are any good. But lord they sound good. And the FAQ specifically lists they are appropriate for low carb ketogenic diets

http://www.bickfordflavors.com/collections/water-soluble-flavors

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    So..... what if you did those cream cheese pancakes people talk about, and mix in a dash of these flavorings? Apple caramel pancakes, anyone? Sounds delicious.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    oh wow that would be good. I keep looking at all the flavors and want to buy them all. I think I will order one of the multiple packs with good flavors and see how they are. just reading about them is making my mouth water lol.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh Irish cream for me weekend Drink!! Yumo
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Just an fyi @auntstephie321 their water soluble flavorings (and most other company's) are suspended in propylene glycol, and less frequently vegetable glycerine. Not that I personally take issue with that, but I know you were grumbling the other day about finding that in your flavoured water :smile:
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Yeah I've realized that recently that is in a lot of things. It seems odd to me but now that I'm aware and looked more into it it doesn't bother me as much.

I'm still looking in to these more
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I used to have an online loose leaf tea company and created my own flavoured tea blends. Bickford was one of the company's I bought bulk flavourings from. They weren't my primary source, but they had a couple of flavours I couldn't get anywhere else. I was always happy with their product. Lorann is probably the biggest flavouring company that sells retail sizes of flavourings. I also bought from a local Seattle company, who also had a selection of harder to find flavours (http://www.marketspice.com/store/category/bulk-flavorings).

Interestingly, it was at this time that I first heard of the ketogenic diet. I had quite a few parents of children with epilepsy contact me asking to buy the flavourings. They were keeping their children at about 90% fat, so they used flavourings to try and make it more palatable. I just referred them to the sources mentioned above as I didn't actually retail the flavourings. I didn't realise until 18 months ago when I read The Art & Science of Low Carbohydrate Living that ketosis was a solution to my medical problems too. If only I had been more curious back then!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Haha that's great. I think we come upon it when we are ready for it. I know personally if I had tried lc and this group wasn't here or wasn't all of you wonderful people, I don't think I could've lasted this long. I'd have failed and probably blamed the woe for not working. It was the right advice at the right time.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Haha that's great. I think we come upon it when we are ready for it. I know personally if I had tried lc and this group wasn't here or wasn't all of you wonderful people, I don't think I could've lasted this long. I'd have failed and probably blamed the woe for not working. It was the right advice at the right time.

This ... I totally agree with it all.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the links ladies. I'm always on the lookout for good flavorings.