Weekly Post 29.02. - 06.03.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Well....the week did not go the way I had hoped...still single, said goodbye today, as he definitely is either playing me or just not ready. Either way, it's time to stop.

But on the positive side....I had a good run yesterday, did not go over my cals on Sunday...a first in a long while, no emotional eating. Yay! And today I had a 450cal fast today. Don't know if that has ever happened. Weight slowly seems to be coming down to before vacation level... So that's awesome.

So it is as they say...if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger! :p And I'm a pretty strong cookie. Just wonder sometimes, if there are any normal middle aged men out there. However I did get the gift of self love and self worth out of the experience. Yes I like myself!! And there is no arrogance in that, it comes from the deepest part of my heart. And for that I am hugely thankful. One more step closer to a better me and stabile weight.

I was always a weeble wobble, but now I really like that weeble wobble B) So off to new adventures. Next fast on Thursday.

Have a great week and keep posting!!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    My fast today was not great. I was aiming for 440 and I ended up at 575. :/ Not bad, but certainly not great. I'll take it though.

@flumi_f Glad you got some good out of it. :) I married my husband when he was 44 and he is fairly normal, so there is hope!

Have a great week, y'all! And I keep you in my prayers. :)
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Coming in at 590. I ate a toasted frozen waffle that I made for my son but he didn't eat. I can't just throw it away, right? The waffle was 82 calories so that put me over. Flumi, I like your attitude - don't settle for less than wonderful, you deserve some wonderful! Good job Kate, you came in less than I did today and we can keep moving forward with our efforts.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks for the hope, Kate ;) There is an upside and a lesson to be learned in everything you experience imo. Haven't given up on the other half of humanity yet :p

I've had my share of 600cal fasts, sanjo....I call them man-fasts B)

Had a good maintanance day today. I've been logging truthfully the last few days...it helps... I had taken a logging break on nfd, because it was messing with my head, but atm I think it is good for me. I log the food I cook and don't worry about logging, when I am out.

Went to my surgeon for a check up today. He is very happy with the healing process of the scar correction done mid January. Next 7cm in May and then the last step in the fall. Not looking forward to them, but if the scars are softer and slighter, it will be worth the 6-8weeks of taping after each correction. And my first bikini will also have to wait another year :D Fresh scars don't like sun rays. Still can't believe, it's already been 9mths since my belly flap disappeared! Don't regret it at all!

Keep on logging :p
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well hi everyone... So this week I've already had two days were they were not really fasts but two low to be a normal eating day, anyone else struggle with that? Some days I have started out thinking its a normal day then end up eating salad or veggie & a bit of chicken for dinner & that's it. Need to organize better. I've now done my measurements for this month and my waist is now at 31" down from 37" Oct 1st of last year! Woohooo :p also trying to get my arms nice and toned for the upcoming weather!! Anyone have any good exercise sites they use? Last week was celebrated as the husband & I have been married 27 years! So a few extra calories from desserts & wine etc... But all part of living! Yes @flumi_f there is indeed something to be learned from every experience indeed! Well said! You're very wise to move on. A good friend experiencing dating told me she's trying to change her daily habits, for instance; if she was always parking at the same lot at the stores she now parks in an opposite spot, or if she shopped at a particular grocery store she now shops at a different one.... Like an experiment of sorts to change things up in her life.... I look forward to hearing if her new path allows her to meet up with new men :D it's sort of the same for losing weight, if you cannot lose lbs then change what you're doing! Ha!

Have a successful week everyone! I'm trying chocolate almond milk right now and it's not bad - calcium without the cholesterol o:)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen - if you automatically start integrating unplanned low days, you are my hero! That just doesn't happen to me. 5:2 is my godsend, but I really need to plan my fast days and atm I'm counting on most nfd to, because I tend to eat more than my share, when I don't ;-) Congratulations on the 27yrs!! Not many can say that anymore! And I think, your friend might be on to something, changing things up a bit. Good luck to her!

Had a good nfd and a ride in wind and rain...sure was happy to be wearing my long rain coat! Next fast meals for tomorrow are ready and as I work all day, it should be no biggie.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've been on a little "vacation" from MFP, which is actually code for not motivated to post or log. I've been fasting, but haven't been sticking to 500 cals and while my clothes are still nice and loose, I can tell I'm off my low. I signed up for March madness via the happy herbivore website to give me something else to focus on. It's kind of like how it's easier to get out for a run when you are training for a race vs just trying to go out for a run. I get like that with weight loss, too, which is probably why maintenance is truly the more difficult thing to do than weight loss itself. I'm still exercising and dancing. I started rehearsal for our June production of "chippolino" or little onion. And before you ask, I am the onion mother, similar to my role as kitri's mother in last year's don Quixote, and Effie's mother in la sylphide two years ago. Yes, I'm getting typecasted, but what's a middle-aged ballerina to do? I'm eagerly awaiting Paris opera ballet's phone call, which should come any day. I'm certain word of my ability to look surprised and anxious as my daughter gets shunned by their love interest (which is what happens in every ballet) has reached Europe and can best be described as "masterful", "believable", and "downright convincing" (not my words). I'll keep you guys posted...I may be moving soon :p
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Oh, right, had a pretty good fast day yesterday. A little over 500 cals, but still a win. Looking forward to another one Friday! Good luck, everyone. Spring is near...and lots of clothing with things missing. Like sleeves and legs. Here's to looking our best!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Second fast is in the box :p Now just tea 'til bedtime :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Thanks @flumi_f I have absolutely no idea where all the 27 year have gone!! No hero here.... I find too few calories on my reg days make me want to binge a bit the following week!

@flossyruby1 they are lighting the marquee with your name now!! I'm sure you'll be the best Mother Onion there is! Way to go for sticking with your dreams!!
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had good fasts this week, and I was much more diligent about drinking liquids (hot tea, mostly). This morning I woke up to a 2.5 pound loss. After about a month of stagnation, it feels good to catch up! I finally feel like I'm back on track. B)
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This week has been mediocre. Monday only fast day and still ended up high. I did, however, just come up with my meal plan for next week and will be sure to stick with it.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Has anyone seen my motivation? I seem to have misplaced it. I had it about two weeks ago, but now I just can't find it anywhere. If you come across it, please let me know. In the meantime, I will be bingeing on junk food.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ah Kate, Just had a quick look for you in the bottom of the bag of mini eggs I was eating, I kept eating them to make sure it wasn't hiding there, but sadly no, after I finished every last one, it wasn't there!
  • elaine8505
    elaine8505 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So my week was not the best. Found out cold germs weight you down but coughing is a good abs workout! Dr told me to take vitamins. .so I bought One a day...chocolate brownie chewable ones. May as well enjoy taking them, right? On to bigger and better next week...hope it will be a great one for everyone...stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ah Kate, Just had a quick look for you in the bottom of the bag of mini eggs I was eating, I kept eating them to make sure it wasn't hiding there, but sadly no, after I finished every last one, it wasn't there!

LOL Thank you for looking! Maybe I will find it at the donut store!

@elaine8505 I want some of those vitamins, too!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options

LOL Thank you for looking! Maybe I will find it at the donut store!

@elaine8505 I want some of those vitamins, too!

Haha..... Elaine oh gosh, I bought those too! Along with my chocolate calcium chews... It's like getting to eat a tootsie roll every day! K, well almost!

And Kate, it was like MFP was calling me out....right when I was beyond downing half the bag, I read your plea.... Someone out there is always dealing with a little blip! Off to do 200 crunches now to combat the 200grams of Cadbury minis from yesterday!! >:) hoping that helps

I suppose I have a problem with candy!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen Glad I could help. I think I found my motivation again on the bathroom scale. Let's just say it wasn't pretty and I am ready to get back on the wagon.