Lunch & breakfast ideas?

Options
Faery_Dust
Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
I was just wondering what everyone was having for lunch? I have to take my lunch to work with me, but I do have a fridge and the use of a kettle and microwave.

I've been having tuna salad and bring a kind of omlette type thing for breakfast (whisked eggs with a splash of cream, bacon bits, topped with cheese and baked in oven).

Tomorrow I think I am having ham rolls with soft cheese in the middle and was thinking of frying off some bacon bits and mushrooms to kind of smash up with some scrambled eggs that I can cook in the microwave.

But I really like to plan my whole week out and bring what I need to work as I will find myself walking to the dreaded vending machine otherwise! lol. So would love some breakfast and lunch ideas that would be good for taking to work.

I love boiled eggs but am so paranoid about the smell in the office lol x

Replies

• GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I typically take leftovers from dinner for lunch the following day. Sometimes I'll cook a little extra on purpose to make sure lunch is covered.

As far as breakfast, I eat a hard boiled egg or two at home and have a glass of tea (hot or cold, depending on the season). At work, if I need more food mid-morning, I'll make a protein shake or drink a green smoothie that I prep the night before or the morning of (depending on how much time I have). I don't care for the smell of boiled eggs either, but if you're not too shy, peel them in the kitchen at work, then eat them at your desk. The smell seems more pronounced (to me) when you're peeling them.

For the last couple of days, I've been drinking Bulletproof coffee for breakfast and haven't felt the need to eat much else til around noon....but I've got loads of energy. (For example, today, I was up at 5:30am and walked a couple of miles with one of my dogs, then I walked 2 miles at 8:30am with coworkers).
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do the same as Gaby for lunch... I make sure there's enough leftovers for lunch.

For breakfast, I have been mixing some protein w/ either unsweetened almond milk or regular milk. It's more convenient that way for me, but I have been thinking about once I'm done w/ the protein shakes, going back to making a wrap w/ two eggs, two slices of cheese on a low carb tortilla.

ETA: When I make my wrap, I make it the night before and pack w/ my lunch. I get up at 5, leave at 5:30 and have a long commute.