March Coffee/Tea and Gratitude List

Options
DreamOn145
DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
This morning I am grateful that I am a bit settled after the upsets of the month of February. I am hoping that March will give me some more time to cope and not hit me with any NEW issues! lol

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Grateful DH is feeling so much better. We ended up doing a deep clean of the stove and kitchen floor today, neither of which I had even considered doing today, but it worked out well. And both jobs really needed to be done. Now I just have to go shopping to get something to cook in my very clean kitchen :)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful I talked my DH into using the city's large item removal this spring. I am getting the spare bedroom decluttered and have a bunch of items in the basement he has finally agreed we can easily live without. And we are finally getting rid of our old bed, the mattress is great but the bed is an old water bed 70's style monster that mostly collects dust and dust makes my sinus unhappy. So YIPPIE, I am going to get a new bed to replace that one. I am looking to have no spaces that can't be dusted in a heartbeat.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    What's better than getting rid of stuff we don't need? We are working on this, also ... and we do need a new bed. I have just been putting it off since I don't know how much longer we will be in this house.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Last year we downsized ..... tossed or donated furniture, bedding, kitchen items. This year my husband decided we should buy a 2nd small condo to eventually retire to ..... now I need to BUY some furniture, bedding & kitchen items ..... grrrrr !
  • retirehappy
    Options
    verptwerp wrote: »
    Last year we downsized ..... tossed or donated furniture, bedding, kitchen items. This year my husband decided we should buy a 2nd small condo to eventually retire to ..... now I need to BUY some furniture, bedding & kitchen items ..... grrrrr !

Be sure to reevaluate what you have now before buying more. Since we retired we have culled things twice already and there is still a lot of stuff that could be better used somewhere else. Of course if the condo is in a different area, like near a beach or lake etc. You might want different kinds of items than what you have now or did have. I'd count this as a happy problem. And good to see you replying again :)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am grateful all my tests from Feb. have come out with good results, I don't have an issue with my thyroid, nothing amiss with the mammo, and colon is all clear as well. I have so many friends/family with health issues including my DH that it is good to know, I am doing well.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    That's what I say to myself in the mirror each morning ....... you're doing well, honey ..... be happy !
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    This morning I am grateful that I finally dragged myself back in here! Now I am just going to focus on journaling one whole day!!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Some day I feel good & get a lot done ...... other days I feel aches & pains, and barely get off the couch. Today's a couch day. But I promise to go for a walk today, no matter what !
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,115 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that this 60's board is still active so thanks in particular to both retirehappy & DreamOn145 who continue to post and encourage everyone. I am ready to try yet again to manage my weight and plan to join in on a weekly basis! Cheers Marian
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful to be back home, left town to avoid a snow storm it was a nice trip, but I am glad to be back home. I didn't log meals, no idea what was in all those great New Mexican meals. Luckily I could share most of them with DH, so they didn't all wind up on my waist.
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone just got back from a cruise. I need to lose a great great deal of weight.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Soooo glad BIL is back out of hospital. His spouse is at his house there and she's going to get him back in health for sure!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Good news, Sharon - hopefully he will be cooperative with the health plan!

As for me, I am grateful you all are still hear and posting. The success I have achieved, I could not have done with the support of this group - so here I am, again. ~ Kathy
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Thank you, Kathy.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,115 Member
    Options
    Grateful that the lousy ice storm weather is finally gone, finally the ice is melting! Some people north of us are still without power but thankfully we were not ! Sun is shining this morning & I have entered my diary for today, Easter Sunday, now I have to stick to the 'plan' today and stay away from overeating!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Thankful the other snow storm did not hit my area, just a light dusting, used the large broom to get it off the deck. Sun is shining today and no more talk of snow/rain till Wed. Springtime in the Rockies.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am so grateful I am a geek B)

After a security upgrade file from Microsoft was installed my MS account was no longer on my PC, I work off that profile most of the time and have another local account set up the exact same way. Yesterday I could not access either of those accounts. I was really mad at MS and spent most of my time yesterday fiddling and researching how to fix this issue.

Well today, I finally put several bits of info I had collected yesterday and BINGO, I was back into my computer with everything just as it should be. I am really doing a HAPPY DANCE over here now.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Happy dancing with you. Yay for we geeks! Those who teased in high school are getting their comeuppance now, fer shure!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    We've been having the craziest weather ..... one day it's warm, next it's freezing cold ..... had received weather warnings for high winds & possibility of snow this weekend ..... was so glad to wake up today to just a thick frosting on our vehicles and little elsewhere. But it's SO cold & windy ..... the flagpole is swaying & flags are whipping around (they'll be shredded, for sure). Am hoping we don't have a power failure ..... or worse. Geez, it's April .... enough already :o