Like Minded Lushes March 2016

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kate! What will you be doing?

I had that half glass of wine in my fridge and then a cider. It was 80 degrees. I almost got another so I'm proud of myself for not!

Dinner plans with friends tonight (the ones that really like to drink) but I'm driving and plan on coming home right after dinner.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the job, Kate!

Off to my friend's bachelorette party in Panama City Beach tomorrow!! I have a feeling I won't be sober until I return home on Monday!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    3 glasses of wine over a long period of time. I feel good this morning.
    Last day with the visiting family here at my house. We're off to the flower fields and beach...should be lots of walking. I've got my mexican shredded beef in the crockpot, we'll come back here for dinner, drinks, games. I reallllly don't want to be hungover tomorrow so I'm going to try to pace myself. My brother is a partier tho and a terrible influence!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I shall be the assistant to the director of development/owner relations for a condo rental company. It is 1/2 mile from our place, which is the icing on the cake!! I think its a really great fit...its something different and I will have an opportunity to learn new things and grow with the company. I'm pretty excited!!!!

Have fun Bridget!!!!!!!!

Monday-2 glasses of white wine and 1 glass of red
    Tuesday-1 margarita, 1 vodka and pineapple juice and 1 glass of red
    We are officially out of red wine and juice, so if we are drinking tonight....which we most likely will...it will be the end of the white wine or beer OR I can go get some juice, which probably will!!!!! :laugh:

Today, I will be making crockpot chicken chili, blanching veggies to freeze for future stir frys, and making a double batch of pizza dough. I am trying to make all the meat in the freezer into meals, so I can just pull something out and not have to worry about cooking, for a week or two at least!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the job Kate. Have a blast Bridget. I am sure Friday will get really soon Syd.

I am a slug. I drink too much. And I just can't seem to change right now. So I guess I am going thru a phase like Gary. I really miss the way I felt when I was eating well exercising a lot and drinking moderately. I had energy. I need to figure out how to get that all back.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    You'll get there Robin. I'm hoping the time change gets me back in the exercise groove...I love a nice walk after dinner now that it's light out.
    I partied way too much with my brother. I have no clue how many drinks we had or what time I went to bed. I'm hurting this morning :o
    Laundry and packing today. Someone just transport me to Palm Springs already.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Have fun bgrune!

Sounds great Kate!

I tend to go through cycles too where I am not taking care of myself that is always accompanied by drinking a lot and it sort of snowballs and gives me anxiety, which I do not otherwise have. I am getting better at not getting stuck in those cycles (maybe they only last 4 days like last weekend), but it still happens. Hope you get out of your rut Robin! Maybe start slow with small goals like working out, walking, yoga, something once a week. Then maybe twice a week. And maybe that will help with other areas. I feel like if I am making a good effort to have a regular workout program, the other things seem to fall into place. :)

Syd, ha! I read your post from yesterday, "I really don't want to be hungover so I'm going to try to pace myself and I was wondering how it turned out and then, "I partied way too much with my brother".... Sounds like my family. We have good intentions, and then someone opens another bottle of wine.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 1.5
    Wednesday - cider around 5, glass of wine while waiting 30 minutes for our reservation, half bottle at dinner, another glass after = 5. Not terrible, but I was feeling it a little this morning.
    I'll probably have a couple ciders or a vodka tonight. Weather is nice and UK is playing. At 9:40! I hate late games..... Go Cats!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Gary and Robin, I hear you and I stand with you!!! I have been getting some exercise in BUT the drinks and food have not been great. If anything I am not eating well or enough of good stuff. I only go over cals because of the booze. My diet this week has consisted of hard pretzels!! I skip breakfast, which isn't super uncommon for me anyway but then don't eat until 1 or 2 and its about 10-15 pretzels then dinner, drinks and more pretzels. I can tell it is effecting my "regularity", if ya'll know what I mean!!! I am hoping starting work next week will help things out!!!!
    Speaking of work, I went to the office today to meet everyone and catch my bearings.....I hate walking into a new environment and not know where to go...gives me anxiety, so I scheduled a walk through today, which I think impressed my boss, even though it was for my own selfish reasons :wink:
    I got my corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot, Guinness in the fridge and Jameson and baileys waiting for when Lenny comes home....tonight WE CARBOMB!!!
    Happy St. Patty's Day!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I had a tame Patty's Day. One cider and one beer. Nothing planned for tonight except watching basketball. Probably some wine.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ok lushes I'm off for a week. Had a 0 yesterday. I was tempted to just have a beer to combat my hangover but didn't. My brother and cousin will be joining us for part of the trip...let's see if I learned my lesson and can moderate. :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Have fun Syd.

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. I am going to make a plan and try to stick with it.

I made corned beef and cabbage last night. the corned beef was awesome as always. I love my recipe. and I tried a new cabbage recipe and it was soooo good. Holly will be here this weekend so I am corned beef and cabbaging again on Saturday. Have a great weekend Lushes!!!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    OK Robin- I am going to stick to my plan as well. Today I will stick to my calorie goals.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday, I am going to join you, Gary and Robin....normal, healthy food intake and less alcohol!

Not much planned this weekend. Gonna try and do a 6 mile hike through a lava field tomorrow. We tried last weekend but got a later start than we wanted and by the time we got there it was so crowded and the parking lot was full. So I'm thinking 730 start time, then we have all day to mourn me going back to work :laugh: I would love some time at the beach, like all day!!!
    Oh we got a kayak today, which I am super excited about...of course the trade winds have been blowing so MAYBE tomorrow we can get out for a bit in the afternoon??!!!!

Anywho's enjoy the rest of your weekend and Syd, have a great trip!!!!
    xoxo
  • rjadams
    Options
    I went and got a pedicure with Holly yesterday. Not only does this place have the typical massage chairs for your pedicure they have those full body (arms and legs) massage chairs in another area for when you are waiting and when you are drying. It was wonderful. So I bought some Pendelton because Holly likes whiskey. I love me a good whiskey so I had 3. Tonight I will have 0 and then I will get my butt on the dreadmill.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Just wrote a long reply and it disappeared. Oh well....the condensed version is I drank a bit much Friday, ended up at the neighbors' till late. Saturday drank a good part of the day but went to bed early and pretty sober. Yesterday 2 glasses of wine at dinner. Got workouts in Saturday and Sunday. So feeling good today! 0 tonight and probably Tuesday.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Salmon raspberry walnut salad for dinner. one cocktail. not too bad.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 0
  • rjadams
    Options
    Washington red apple cocktails will be the death of me. too many.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Going to moderate today- no booze in the house helps!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I've been very moderate so far this week.....calories are within range, exercise Monday-Wednesday, and only a glass of red Monday and yesterday. Lenny and I talked about happy hour tonight but I might push it til tomorrow since we both have a short work week.

And the new job is going pretty good so far!!!!

xo