Bad eating day

Options
JLG1986
JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
I have been doing fairly well, but I binged today. Even went to the grocery to get food...that's how strong the cravings were. It's been months since I've binged (yeah, I eat unhealthy sometimes, but it's a different level). I feel ill from that much food, and very disappointed in myself :'(

How do you guys recommend getting back on track after a slip-up?

Replies

• ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It already started. It started with your choice to move on and be healthy again.

I broke my commitment to not eat solid food after 8p.m. last night. I let it happen. It was the first time since January that I put food in my mouth after 8p.m., I felt horrible breaking my vow to myself, but I did it anyway because I wanted the mouth feel of the candy in the moment...and then I logged the 9 pieces of licorice and remembered that I'm in charge of what I put in my mouth. Next time, here's to choosing health.

To put it all out there with all honesty...even after two solid months of fairly healthy eating, I still desparately miss the feeling of being past full. I miss the ache of being overstuffed and full of a whole bag or 20 servings of junk. But as much as I miss the ache, I'm choosing to control myself and to treat my body with nutrition. Maybe after a few years of consistent eating for nutrition and health I'll someday be able to beat the desire to binge. Last weekend, I "saved" calories for a pizza buffet mini-binge--eating my whole daily allotment at that meal--I loved the stuffed feeling, but the old me would have eaten double the plates that night, so anything I do means I'm making some progress.

Whatever the case is, slip-ups are in the moment, health will last forever. Choose health as often as you can. If you have leftovers of your trigger food binge, pack it away with dates on the packaging--label it as one serving/week so you never have to leave the house to eat those treats again. Cheers!
  • mona52bask
    mona52bask Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information, ladycclear. I needed to hear those words. There have been several days, I've given into the over stuff feeling. And not feeling very well after. I eat healthy foods. But, lately, I pick up a lot of junk food, when I go shopping. The next time I go to the store, I will choose HEALTH!
  • JLG1986
    Options
    Ladyclear, kind and insightful as always. Sadly, there are never leftovers from my binges, so I don't have to worry about that at least! Tonight I'm going to clean out the fridge and make some healthy food for the weekend. Getting back on track.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I love the honesty, acceptance and support in this thread.
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine described it to me like this- you are on a trip. You are on a road that will get you there. If you get a flat tire, do you get a ride back to where you started? No! You stop, take the time you need to fix the flat, then continue your journey.

You're well on your way!
  • JLG1986
    Options
    It really is great to have a safe space to even just admit that I'm a binge eater - a hard truth to share, but somehow facing it head on makes it a little easier to overcome. Thanks for being so supportive guys!