New & uncertain

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I got pretty fed up with bacon early on,

Fed up with bacon!?! OMG! I could never picture myself saying that! LOL!!

Agreed!
  • suzzi_can
    suzzi_can Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sunny_Bunny that's given me an idea to start.. I'm going to try one of those coffees this morning.. I hope I like it ☕️
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    suzzi_can wrote: »
    I'm only short so my calorie intake per day is not meant to be high so how do you get enough fats without blowing the calories out to massively??
    I hope this isn't a dumb question..

right now i am not counting calories. i am trying to get used to <25 carbs/day first, then will tweak my calorie intake. even with all i'm eating, i've still lost 5 pounds in less than a week.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm only short so my calorie intake per day is not meant to be high so how do you get enough fats without blowing the calories out to massively??
    I hope this isn't a dumb question..

MFP and the Keto calculator both calculate your macros based on percentages of your total caloric needs. As a result, if you stick to the recommendations of either of them (MFP's with tweaking of the percentages), you won't go over your calories.

As mentioned, though, fat is very satiating. You will very likely find that you feel like you're eating a ton, but you actually struggle to eat enough in general, or you'll find you're eating the right amount (or close to it).
  • suzzi_can
    suzzi_can Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I just had my first keto coffee and it was good.. So not what I expected-way way better.. Looking forward to tomorrow morn now.. Just have to work out getting enough fat for the rest of the day
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just have to work out getting enough fat for the rest of the day

this is my problem. i get enough protein, no problem. LOL

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I just had my first keto coffee and it was good.. So not what I expected-way way better.. Looking forward to tomorrow morn now.. Just have to work out getting enough fat for the rest of the day

Yes! It is good stuff! :smiley: