Good low carb bbq sauce?

Options
dietbepsi
dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Hi. I really want to slow cook some ribs. The weather outside is giving me Spring fever! I love it. Anyhow can anyone recommend a good low-carb barbecue sauce? They are normally so high in sugar! Thanks!

Replies

• moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    +1

I just made some ribs the other day. Went light on the BBQ sauce. I guess there are a couple of brands, but I was more interested in recipes myself.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I don't have one yet, but maybe try pinterest or just google "Keto bbq sauce" - unfortunately I haven't sampled any so I don't have any info on how good they are. Gotta try though - it's one of my most favorite condiments!
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I saute one or 2 finely chopped garlic with a tablespoon or two of finely chopped onion in about a tablespoon of olive oil, add spices (I usually add salt/pepper/maybe some rosemary and/or oregano and/or hot chili powder, a splash of liquid smoke), then add a can of tomato paste, cook a little bit, add a can of water (or however much to make it the consistency you want), and cook it for about 10 minutes or so. I also usually add about a tablespoon of vinegar and a touch of cinnamon (just a teeny tiny bit of cinnamon).

Clearly, exact measurements are of the utmost importance here.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »

:D
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I do have all those ingredients actually. Right down to the liquid smoke :)
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    well, it's not BBQ sauce, but if you like sauces in general, Frank's Red Hot (tastes like buffalo sauce) has zero carbs :)
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    I make my own. I saute one or 2 finely chopped garlic with a tablespoon or two of finely chopped onion in about a tablespoon of olive oil, add spices (I usually add salt/pepper/maybe some rosemary and/or oregano and/or hot chili powder, a splash of liquid smoke), then add a can of tomato paste, cook a little bit, add a can of water (or however much to make it the consistency you want), and cook it for about 10 minutes or so. I also usually add about a tablespoon of vinegar and a touch of cinnamon (just a teeny tiny bit of cinnamon).

that sounds good, TFS :)