Man, the LC hate is serious

Options
moe0303
moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
I haven't been on there in a while, but the people are just ripping this person apart for mentioning low carb...crazy. Has it always been this bad?

Replies

• daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm glad I've never posted anything in the main forums. I'll just hide here, thank you very much.
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    They are mean because they are hungry :smiley:

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    It's a religious war. Pointless to try to convert anybody's religion. Stay here in the Church of Low Carb where it's safe. :)
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    It's a religious war. Pointless to try to convert anybody's religion. Stay here in the Church of Low Carb where it's safe. :)

Amen!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »

Agreed. Plus I like the feeling of being one of select few (million) that has the secret code to fairly effortless weight loss.
  • sjchamberlin
    sjchamberlin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »

That is funny. :)
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    oops, I may have broken a rule by bringing this up. I edited the post, but if it is not adequate, feel free to delete (I cannot).

Also, I am sorry.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

That is funny. :)

Yes that was funny for sure. It still post there but just to mainly share my personal experiences when someone raises a question the subject. . As noted there is nothing gained by arguing and they have the full right to it it their way.

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    moe0303 wrote: »
    oops, I may have broken a rule by bringing this up. I edited the post, but if it is not adequate, feel free to delete (I cannot).

Also, I am sorry.

Yeah, we ask that we please do not reference the main forums in here (especially specific threads or links). We know there can be some tension. Please just be respectful out there and maybe recommend people come here to get some advice from people who have done it a while. Don't say it is because of a problem with anyone or anything going on out there.

The main concern is this group being accused of instigating problems. We don't even want the slightest appearance of that.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options

hahahah You're awesome!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The level of anger some people have towards the way other people eat astounds me. Coupled with the multitude of keyboard doctors...... I've never understood the animosity towards low carb. I've only every had a handful of RL individuals ever say anything to me about it, but on the net, it's insane.

cankpa1giw8d.png

It's like they live for that.

Edit to clarify: I'm not picking on MFP, it's everywhere LOL!
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am finding that LCHF is gaining more momentum and support in the media. Just today there's a video circulating about the "Eat Fat, Get Thin" book, which discusses the fallacy of the dietary guidelines that the government imposed numerous years ago about eating up to 11 servings of carbs/grains and to use oils/fats "sparingly". Not too long ago I read a couple of articles in different magazines about how carb heavy we eat and how good fats are important.....the shift in thinking is happening, but it's a trickle.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm always very careful to avoid mentioning Keto, LCHF or low-carb on the main forum. I was verbally ripped to pieces many a time way back when I was a newbie. Was not a nice experience (obviously) and that's something I wouldn't wish on ANYBODY! So now I just try to direct those inquiring about it or trying it for themselves or those who are seeking support for LCHF, directly to this forum.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I love you guys. :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    it is like a church.. a place of peace in the storm of my eating issues..supportive, tried and true!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    This has remained very civil and hasn't strayed off the allowed path (came close). I am just going close it, to make sure we continue to be good. Let's go to another thread and talk about how awesome we all are to each other. What happens outside this place is boring. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.