anyone cleaning eating and have 50lbs to loose?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hairtist
    Hairtist Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi...:) I`ve lost 10 before joining with the alkaline diet, I am choosing to use for life. I am a breast cancer patient, with Osteopenia and they think Fibromyalgia. I have bone issues all over, and need to get another 35 to 40 Ibs off... Not sure how to fit in this type of thing, but was hoping to find a few I joined a 7 day challenge with... Greens and lots of water, lemon and sprouts....etc for me.. Cancer will not live in an alkaline environment... Nor will many other diseases... To have an alkaline environment, i must avoid meats, dairy carbs breads....any thing with yeast. Im going to search for a sprouted bread I can make at home... This is tough, I got to stay focused... Glad to be here and looking forward in the sharing of different ideas... :)
  • nakeyah
    nakeyah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be added also, please
  • jaspaff
    jaspaff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to Clean Eating and need to lose over 50 lbs. I would love to have the support of others trying to lose weight too. Please add me. thanks
  • hisgirlhoward
    hisgirlhoward Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I've been clean eating off and on for 5 years now. Lost a lot of weight in the beginning only to gain it back binge eating sweets. So, I've been off of sugar a couple of weeks now but need to work on getting my exercise in and diary my food.
  • BusySally
    BusySally Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to clean eating. I need to lose 50+ lbs. My self control has been zero. Worse than a kid with a bag of Snickers... I am tired of being tired, fat, and depressed. My fat pants have become my skinny pants, and I have no pants but yoga pants. My closet has becomes a shrine of body past. Please add me!
  • andrealoveswine
    andrealoveswine Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Add me 50+ lbs to lose
  • Runner005mfp
    Runner005mfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well. My name is Sarah. I'm working towards losing 20-30lbs but any change would also be appreciated. I know it starts with food
  • bf_wb
    bf_wb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well don't leave me out! May I add you guys as well?
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Add me too please....I'm at the starting line again - whole food plant based is the goal.
  • ressapowell
    ressapowell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello group, I know how you all feel. I am a mother and have lost 60 lbs so far. I still am looking to lose 15 more and replace that with muscle. It has been a long journey but a rewarding one and I would have become addicted to being healthy and helping others on this journey. If you would like to know some of my workout and eating plans, yes even ones you can do at home with kids, friend me or feel free to ask any questions. You can do this!
  • WJewel88
    WJewel88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am a 45 year old IT professional and RN and most of my adult life I have been overweight. Working nights did not help and even though I am on days now, I still have not been able to drop the 100 lbs. I have gained. Several of my friends have opted for weight loss surgery, but I do not want to do anything that drastic. I am about to start a program called WeightNot which is a low-carb to clean eating based program. My goal is Labor Day! Just need to work hard on getting 10K steps a day.
  • rubyred7250
    rubyred7250 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this and would like to be added. I was in the hospital last month with pneumonia and found out I was in A-fib. Then told I had congestive heart failure. I am soon to be 66 and want to live for awhile longer. I have always ate whatever I want but that hasn't worked well for me as I need to lose over 50 lbs. Please friend me.
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I recently logged in to my old MFP account after gaining and losing a bunch of weight since I last used it - I'm working on losing my last 25 pounds of 100 I had to lose (so I'm down 75). I'd love to join you all.
  • SusanCraven1
    SusanCraven1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I recently finished the 30 day whole food challenge. I feel great. 15 pounds lost didn't hurt either. Ready to lose 90 more.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    this sounds like a great group for me. I have yet to figure out how to 'add me to the list'.. Though, I assume we will all chat on here??

I'm a health professional, and speaker in Australia.

On 1st of April I committed to 365 days, eating really clean for 365 days.
    I had about 60kg (132lb) to lose, have dropped 6kg (13lb) so far.

I tend toward clean, wild style, paleo eating, currently with low carbs.
    I don't tolerate dairy, grains, legumes, coffee, well. Nor red meat - though I love red meat. Luckily I love fish and eggs and chicken.
    Luckily I don't drink soft drinks, or alcohol so not having to work hard to give those up.

I'm keen to drop the first 10-15kg (22-33lb) so I am physically more comfortable on my bike. Only a year ago before foot injury, I was cycling around 150km/week.

A decade ago I was hiking the Himalayas and was 50kg lighter, I'd like to be that fit again, but, understand only too well that too much exercise in an obese - or morbidly obese - person generates a lot of stress on the system, lots of cortisol and inflammation, and messes with leptin- so - ultimately - is counter productive.

Instead I will use Phil Maffetone's http://philmaffetone.com/180-formula/ approach to building heart stamina. 2 professional athlete friends used it to reclaim fitness after major injury /illness. Both spoke about how frustrating it was at first, but how much more fit and fast they are now- in their 50's than they were before.

Anyway, I'm sorry my post is so long, I was so happy to see this group, another 119lb to go, will be a long journey, I will be so glad for some good clean eating friends along the way.

• sarahschraml
    sarahschraml Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 50 to lose...
    I have been tracking my food for 2 weeks. I have written everything down good. bad, and the ugly. I have done pretty well staying within my calorie range. I believe my diary is open to see... if not I am not sure how to fix that. I love seeing what others are doing and giving encouragement. I haven't weighed in two weeks... I was supposed to on Monday and just couldn't do it. Probably won't this Monday either. Takes my body a a little time to drop the pounds. I feel better eating better and I feel like that is a step in the right direction. Please add me :smile: