Team 8 - Amazing Race

Options

Replies

• wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I sent everyone a friend request that didn't already send me one. I can't find kandice-quailed and I double checked on the original team list. Has anyone else found her (assuming it is a girl)?
  • 6DeDe6
    6DeDe6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone just finished day 5 of the squat challenge ( 70 ) but I got to admit I'm a squat lover :D
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    wahmx3 wrote: »
    I sent everyone a friend request that didn't already send me one. I can't find kandice-quailed and I double checked on the original team list. Has anyone else found her (assuming it is a girl)?

I have not been able to find her either and haven't heard from her
  • BJerzy
    Options
    6DeDe6 wrote: »
    I got funny ones like "spring race lunatics" or "spring race legends" or "Spring race crushers" :smiley:

I like spring race crushers and spring race crushers :) other input?
  • hgwill78
    hgwill78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm Heather, 37, mom to 1 energetic 3 year old. Over the last few years I've lost 70+ pounds with the help of MFP and different challenges/groups on here. I was within 4 pounds of my ultimate goal weight and BAM life got hard the last 6 months. It's not a good excuse, but it's life, I lost focus and gained 10 pounds back. Life is settled mostly and I'm ready to get serious again. Every time I hit a wall in my weight loss I've joined a group of some kind and it has helped get me back on track. Accountability is a major part of losing weight and keeping it off. If you're just starting on your journey I encourage you to stick this out! You are worth it! I'm excited to be part of the group and look forward to working together to win this thing!! Let's do this Team 8!
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 8,

Nice to meet you all :smiley:

I'm Annmarie from Manchester England, I'm 36 years old. Since my early 30s my weight has been up and down, I'm hoping this time it will be more of a lifestyle change than a diet!
    Looking forward to starting the challenge i have never done one before, I haven't exercise regularly for at least 8 months, so it will definitely be a challenge.

Lets do this Team 8 :smile:
  • sepoep2
    sepoep2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like spring race crushers
  • sepoep2
    sepoep2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Friended everyone except the mystery person no one can find
  • jermari284
    jermari284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Heyy!!! Sorry I'm late introducing myself. But I'm Jerin 27 this month and mother of 3 also have 5 Furbabies 3 kitties and 2 pitbull I hope to walk/jog with :) I'm looking to lose about 20 lbs on this challenge I want to see a 1 starting on my scale again!! I work out 30-60 daily but I'm going to push for 60 for this challenge. Also want to control sugary snacks.
    I just want to get to know you all I hope we make it to the end. Just keep pushing we got this!!!
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've sent everyone a friend request, if I've missed anyone add me :)
  • 6DeDe6
    Options
    Finally it's start Monday :D so excited
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Jody, 49 3 kids big 50 this June I have a triathlon planned on the day of my Birthday. I am a personal trainer and nutrition coach but need accountability for myself..
    This should be great fun !
    Hi Everyone! I'm Jody, 49 3 kids big 50 this June I have a triathlon planned on the day of my Birthday. I am a personal trainer and nutrition coach but need accountability for myself..

• jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to add people to friend list from iPhone?
  • BJerzy
    Options
    This first distance is a big one! It's 4882 miles so that averages to 325 minutes per person. I know that's a huge amount but lets try it! It will be a real challenge for most of us. Don't forget there are also extra points for any extra minutes, the arm challenge, nutrition challenge, and accountability challenge. Please do not feel like you have to do everything, but if you do the arm challenge or squat challenge you can include those in your minutes!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey team 8... I'm Shawnee...I'm late posting here but I'm in. The start of this happens to fall at a very busy time. Haha.. when isn't it a busy time. I'm a SAHM to 3, one in college, one in high school and one in middle school. My obstacle is putting me first. The travel soccer for my boys keeps us logging many hours a week on the road. That means on the go or late meals, which are my downfall.

I've played yo-yo with this 25 lbs for a year and I'm determined to just let it go instead of bringing it back this time. I don't like to run or what I call run, some may call a fast walk. But it seems to be what works best for me for weight-loss... so that is a goal.. to get that working for me.

This first week will be harder for me as we are traveling for tournament this weekend. Then mid week we head cross country for a major weekend of soccer. That means hotels and all meals out... will do my best on food but not punishing myself for this trip to sin city!

I am on my phone all weekend so asking if we aren't friends yet, can you send me a friend request? I will try to catch those I haven't connected with early in the week.

Love the names suggested. Let's rock this team 8!
  • 6DeDe6
    Options
    Day 5 of squat challenge done
  • BJerzy
    Options
    Welcome Shawnee!
    Oh my goodness I am so excited to start tomorrow! We are going to Crush this! We now have 16 people checked in, so that reduces the number of minutes per person to 305. Remember that life often gets in the way, so sometimes people won't hit that number and as a team we need to try and cover it, so if you can do more than 305 that would be great! Plus, we get extra points for any additional minutes we do.

On the spreadsheet where you originally listed your weight and pre-test results, you'll now see a page for each team. This is where you can post how many minutes you've worked out each day. The total minutes will automatically be tallied, but you must post your MINUTES of each workout (ie 90 not 1 1/2 hours).
    Next is a section for roadblocks. Write which ones (or both) that you complete, but also count the video as part of your minutes for the day.
    There is also a spot for each of the extra challenges: nutrition, accountability, arms. You can write in there how many days you complete each of those challenges.

I know it seems like a lot so if you have any questions feel free to message me!
  • jermari284
    jermari284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So today I'm going to organize my workout plan and eating plan since it's my only day off!
  • MiraVertega
    MiraVertega Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Mira. I'm sorry for checking in late. School keeps me busy but I really want to do this challenge so I'm going to cut time out for this.

I live in the part of Texas that's country being invaded by city. I'm 18 years old and I live with my parents. I like to challenge myself. Over the summer I'm planning on running my first 10K.

Can't wait for this challenge!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to week! OPA!!