Who would have thought....

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
I would be so excited about getting a ham and cheese omelet this morning. Instead of the tiny cubed slimy pieces of ham, I got real ham steak pieces! Yum. Before this WOE I would have been excited more about the hash browns (which I didn't get). And I'm doing weight this morning. I do miss my sweets a lot though!

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Ahh I feel ya I miss having ice cream, although it doesn't taste as good as it used to now. I ate Arctic Zero ice cream and it was so bad it completely turned me off from trying any other low carb ones, LOL. In my opinion it was very freezer burnt and I guess it's supposed to look and taste that way. I agree that hash browns aren't as appetizing as they once were.

Your omelette sounds yummy though! I remember getting a rib eye and thinking, ah I used to have to cut out all this fat.. now I can eat a little of it. Obviously I'm not going to eat all of it because I do still have to limit calories, but it was nice to be able to have some :) I had a massive 1lb rib eye for valentines day and loved every oz of it, ate the entire thing lol. Still lower in calories than a Mc Donalds salad..!
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    There you go! I don't eat fat off meat. I just can't get over the texture. Yuck. Maybe I'll get there someday. Last night I was craving a piece of yellow cake with chocolate icing and a big glass of cold milk....so I had like 6 m&m's....
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I get that feeling sometimes, too! When order breakfast now and it consists of bacon, eggs and ham (and sometimes fruit) - I'm irrationally thrilled when the ham comes out and was actually carved off the bone and not like Denny's weird little formed ham speck. They literally give you like the equivalent to two sandwich slices of ham. It's stupid.
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i made the most amazing strawberry cheesecake fat bombs that taste better than any ice cream i've ever had. don't miss sweets at all! :p
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    i made the most amazing strawberry cheesecake fat bombs that taste better than any ice cream i've ever had. don't miss sweets at all! :p

RECIPE!
  • MyPrimalLife
    Options

RECIPE!

i freeze mine overnight in a small tupperware, then move them to the refrigerator (coldest spot in the back) - that way they are SO CREAMY, instead of really hard like from freezer.

STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE FAT BOMBS
    1/4 (or more to taste) Walden Farms Strawberry Fruit Spread
    3 oz full fat cream cheese
    1 oz coconut oil
    10 drops (more or less to taste) Skinny Girl Stevia Drops
    1/2 T vanilla (i left this out and they were still really good)

leave everything at room temperature and combine well with whisk.
    put into tiny molds (or mini cupcake papers) and freeze overnight.
    store in freezer or refrigerator.

if 12 are made:
    fat 4g
    trace net carbs
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Now I'm enjoying my pizza in a bowl. Cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni and grated parmesan cheese. I'm irrationally giddy about all the cheese.

Yum. I'll have to try and make those.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    What is the actual count of carbs instead of net?
  • MyPrimalLife
    Options
    Now I'm enjoying my pizza in a bowl. Cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni and grated parmesan cheese. I'm irrationally giddy about all the cheese.

um, i think you can open a restaurant...like chipotle, only pizza instead of burrito in a bowl.
    that sounds truly amazing! thanks for the lunch idea!!

what could we call your restaurant? Pizzotle LOL
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Sure! It's quite tasty. I think I may throw in some Canadian bacon and sausage and pepperoni the next time! I just wanted a quick lunch. And you throw it in a glass small bowl or ramekin and microwave it for 90 seconds!
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Now I'm enjoying my pizza in a bowl. Cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni and grated parmesan cheese.

Been craving pizza lately. I think I'll make myself a pizza bowl for dinner. Thanks for the idea.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Welcome! I just need to find a sugar free pizza sauce or make my own for next time!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Yum! I love to make pizza in a bowl for lunch :smile: After finding some pork meatballs with barely any fillers/carbs I had pizza bowls for lunch every day for a week. I'm on a break from them now though lol
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Yeah I need to find some other things to put in it....
  • MyPrimalLife
    Options
    Yeah I need to find some other things to put in it....

green onion, mushrooms, olives, cheese, cheese, cheese LOL
    also, artichoke hearts and perhaps some sardines?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    After nearly 18 months on this WOE I still am finding new Ways Of Eating. Went to Cracker Barrel yesterday for a birthday lunch and learned they have real butter so I put some on my 3 eggs over easy and my bacon plus I just plain out ate some butter. This was the first time I have eaten there in several years.