Relapse

I was very bad yesterday. I have been so much pain the last several days. I ate some ice cream yesterday and drank a horchata and coconut drink. It was like I was emotionally eating but subsituted with pain. I will get back to it today. My weight went up a pound and a half. :( I guess I am not as strong as I thought I was. Plus I have to pul bak from going to the gym beause of my foot. This is depressing beause I feel so sluggish. I see a podiatrist tomorrow. Hopefully he will be able to help me out so I can get back to my normal routine.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Sending hugs. Focus on dietary compliance. There's a certain level of comfort there. When you're feeling emotional, do some mindful activity: coloring, journal writing, meditation, something to focus on... And pain is a killer... I get that. (hugs) Remember, it was not one choice, one bite, one meal, one day, or even one month that got you to where you are. So make your next bite on plan, and you're back onto the good foot for now.

Good luck with the podiatrist, but remember, nothing is quick healing with that type of injury.
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Hugs, Wishful! It's so easy to fall back when feeling crummy. I hope you find a treatment quick!
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    It's probably water retention from the a high crab meal. It will go back down when you get back on track. Try focusing on the bigger picture (where you started at) and how keto has helped you achieve that progress to date.

Good luck on recovering!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Use it as a learning opportunity and you will be the stronger for it.
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    @kirkor I really feel like I have loss control this past week or so. My diet plan has been a hit or miss. WHich I know is not good. I really wish there was someone I was doing this with so there was more motivation to be strict with myself. I know that is lame excuse but sometimes it really does help to have a partner when your trying to do something that is so different from what you are use to doing. I do share with my friends but they all look at me like I am nuts. They think it seems like too much work. Which is is but I think it is worth it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    @kirkor I really feel like I have loss control this past week or so. My diet plan has been a hit or miss. WHich I know is not good. I really wish there was someone I was doing this with so there was more motivation to be strict with myself. I know that is lame excuse but sometimes it really does help to have a partner when your trying to do something that is so different from what you are use to doing. I do share with my friends but they all look at me like I am nuts. They think it seems like too much work. Which is is but I think it is worth it.

Heck, woman, you just have not found your groove yet. This WOE/WOL is far easier than everything else I've ever tried. Real food. Cooked in batches? Satisfying fats actually controlling hunger???

Granted I was Miss Excuses for almost a decade... My PCP was on me forever, but it was all about the cholesterol tests. It was my Endocrinologist finally explaining exactly why eating this way would help, after I'd already befriended @Dragonwolf and @Alliwan that made something click in my head!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I've, also, found this woe to be the easiest once the thoughts, and brainwashing, about food completely changed! It is different from what we have been told forever, but it works! Good luck!