Let's get to know each other... Introductions Please

Options

Replies

• momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    samjoy wrote: »
    hi everyone I'm Joy and I just joined this group as well! I turn 40 in October and would LOVE to reach this goal by then. But I am a really slow loser - some due to my metabolism and condition of my muscles, some due to binge eating which spoils my efforts.

I weighed in at 234.4 today (started at 240, 40 days back) and am hoping to get to under by the end of Oct but if not by 2017 would be great!

Hi, Joy! I have the same problems. I have hypothyroidism which leads to a lower metabolism, and I sometimes binge eat (like today, oops...). I understand the struggle! Glad to have you here!
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have all kinds of thyroid issues as well - been diagnosed with hashimotos/hypo, then went on meds and went hyper (but was among the 1% of population who gain weight while being hyper) then on meds to combat the hyper - which made me gain 40 pounds. Also left my metabolism and muscle tone in a terrible state. Currently I am off all meds and initially just trying to lose those 40 pounds gain in the thyroid madness.....
  • samjoy
    Options
    ---and thanks for the welcome! Its good to join such a nice group working towards a common goal!
  • radaubs
    radaubs Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have all kinds of thyroid issues as well - been diagnosed with hashimotos/hypo, then went on meds and went hyper (but was among the 1% of population who gain weight while being hyper) then on meds to combat the hyper - which made me gain 40 pounds. Also left my metabolism and muscle tone in a terrible state. Currently I am off all meds and initially just trying to lose those 40 pounds gain in the thyroid madness.....

Oh my goodness, so sorry! That would be extremely difficult!
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Ooh, that's got to be frustrating going back and forth on the thyroid I hope things work out!

Quick question for the Mod: Have we decided on when we will do the weigh-ins? How do weigh-ins work? Do we start a new topic for each weigh-in or do those go under events? I'm new at the forum, so I'm not sure what to do.
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I would also like to join the group my starting weight was 277.3 in May 2015 today I am 227.5. I hope to meet the goal and continue my journey to 150. Good luck everyone!!
  • kaylamcgraw79
    kaylamcgraw79 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb welcome to the group!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • MrsGriffin0729
    MrsGriffin0729 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Laine, 26yrs old and I currently live in NC but about to move back to VA. I am a first time mom to my beautiful baby girl Lilly. I started my journey weighing in at 346lbs and on August 28, 2013, I had weight loss surgery (vsg specifically). At my one year post-op appointment I weighed in at 232lbs. A month after that in September 2014 I moved to London, England for graduate school. I continued to lose weight while in London and in February 2015 I met the most incredible man I've ever! Our relationship moved quickly and we became engaged on May 2, 2015, and then discovered that we were expecting on May 29th. At the time I became pregnant I weighed around the 200lb mark but the lowest number I ever saw on the scale was 203.9lbs in July 2015. During my pregnancy I gained a lot of weight at one point seeing 247 on the scale!! My daughter was born on February 1, 2016, and since then I have gotten down to 226lbs. Right now my first goal is to get back to 203 and then I want to get under 200 and eventually down to my doctor's goal weight of 173lbs.

Good luck to all of you!! I know that we can do this and say goodbye to the 200s forever!!!
  • samjoy
    Options
    Welcome Laine!
  • radaubs
    radaubs Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    laine216 wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm Laine, 26yrs old and I currently live in NC but about to move back to VA. I am a first time mom to my beautiful baby girl Lilly. I started my journey weighing in at 346lbs and on August 28, 2013, I had weight loss surgery (vsg specifically). At my one year post-op appointment I weighed in at 232lbs. A month after that in September 2014 I moved to London, England for graduate school. I continued to lose weight while in London and in February 2015 I met the most incredible man I've ever! Our relationship moved quickly and we became engaged on May 2, 2015, and then discovered that we were expecting on May 29th. At the time I became pregnant I weighed around the 200lb mark but the lowest number I ever saw on the scale was 203.9lbs in July 2015. During my pregnancy I gained a lot of weight at one point seeing 247 on the scale!! My daughter was born on February 1, 2016, and since then I have gotten down to 226lbs. Right now my first goal is to get back to 203 and then I want to get under 200 and eventually down to my doctor's goal weight of 173lbs.

Good luck to all of you!! I know that we can do this and say goodbye to the 200s forever!!!

Welcome, and congrats on all the big life events!!
  • michelleregis
    michelleregis Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Michelle, I live in NH, I am 46 yo, married and a mom of 3 boys ages 16, 12, 9. I figure if I belong to a group it will help me be more accountable. I am starting at 260.00. And I really want to feel better. It will be great to have the support and I am looking forward to getting under 200. By 2017 with everyone!
  • morynne
    morynne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Amanda -- I'm 33, and I live in Florida with my husband and our two dogs. I started out in 2012 over 250, and got down to 219 (yay), and then put some of it back on. I'm a call center manager, so it's a desk for me. I'm currently around 236, and my short term goal is to break the 219, and then shoot for the 160 goal weight. My strategy is to not eat garbage food, and re-establish my gym routine of weight training 3-4 times a week, and staying active throughout my days. I'm a gadget person, and have been using my Apple Watch to keep me motivated.

Best of luck to everyone! I know we can do it together!
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kirsten and I just turned 39 last month (eek!). I'm married with no children (currently). My goal is to lose weight going into my first round of IVF this summer. I've already lost over 40lbs (though every lb feels like a struggle). I'm currently at 230.4 and I'd like to be below 220 before the summer.
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    HI Kirsten!! Welcome!!
  • samjoy
    Options
    hi Amanda, Kirsten!
  • Langalon
    Langalon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just checked this board after a couple of days. What a great and nice group of people! I have tried fitbit and other apps/devices for health/diet with so-so results. Having the weigh-in date for this group on the 15th gives me the motivation I need to ignore the smells and sounds of doritos coming from the cube next to mine. (Well at least for today it does.) I have heard that being accountable to a group works, but never tried it. I hope others are feeling the same energy!
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    Omg!! The lady I share an office with had pizza rolls and cheese fries for dinner! Drool fest! It is much easier for me to stay accountable at work because I can only eat what I bring! Class that's another ball game. I hope we all can depend on each other to help with accountability. :)
  • michelleregis
    michelleregis Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So,far so good! I dragged my butt to the gym yesterday and today....haven't been in months, having a weigh in coming up on the 15th is motivating. I need to mention that at planet fit. Today was bagel and coffee day...ug! Lol....and I passed right by them! Have a great night everyone....nh will see the 70's tomorrow.....come on spring.... : )
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Kandi :smile: I turn 29 next week, and definitely want to be fit by 30! My starting weight is 257, current weight 252, goal weight around 165. I recently started weight lifting 3 times a week. Thanks for having me in the group!