Help

Options
Hi guys quick question..... It's been 8 days on the diet and I feel like I'm crashing today for the first time! What supplements do you guys take if you take any at all! I take a multi vitamin but that's it and it doesn't have potassium in it! Is it necessary to take them? How long does this last and is it normal?
-thanks in advance

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I take a Probiotic and Vitamin D3 (only in the winter) and that's it. I've tried taking a multi in the past, but have never been able to find one that didn't make me sick.
  • rachelrussell792197
    rachelrussell792197 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Darn ok. I feel so awful! Is this just a transition?
  • DoctorShock
    DoctorShock Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You may be low on electrolytes. Have you tried drinking a cup of broth?
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    I will right now!!
  • jonessm11
    jonessm11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Potassium, magnesium, and sodium! Two cups of good broth spread out, twice a day, or take the above mentioned supplements. My nutritionist has me taking potassium 3x per day, magnesium before bed, and sea salt on everything.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    Options
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    See other threads and launch pads n look for keto flu. Drink lots of water, salty broth as advised above- get your sodium level up pronto. Magnessium chelate or other "ates" are your friends rather than oxide. Warning take magnessium and increase gradually as can cause the runs. I also take D and probiotics plus a multimineral.

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    Options
    Broth is so good for you. I prefer to make my own. Chicken bones from Organic Chickens, water, and Himalayan Sea Salt. Simmer a minimum of 2 hours, longer if you can, until the bones start to fall apart. I have a short video on my Instagram Podtastic_Eats that shows what my broth looks like after cooling, it's jiggles like Jell-O.
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    My net carbs are under 20 each day for the past8 days! And I didn't have broth so I did a teaspoon of sea salt in 8 ounces of water is that ok?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You need between 3000 and 5000 mg of sodium a day.
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    Yup I'm only getting about 2700 a day! Thanks guys for the input! Unfortunately I'm not doing this right, time for some changes!
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Potassium, magnesium, and sodium. I recently started chromium too. Read about on this site and thought I'd give it a try. I have to be very careful with the sodium because I have Meniere's disease and my fluid balance has to be just so.
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    Ok so I had a tsp of sea salt and feel like a new person! Thank you guys!
  • blacktie347
    blacktie347 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Please be sure to take the salt with extra water - just taking salt by itself will solve the problem but can cause dehydration, so a lot of us (myself included) drink broth (I *just* finished my third cup of the day).
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Ok so I had a tsp of sea salt and feel like a new person! Thank you guys!

Awesome!
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    I had 1/2 tsp of sea salt and warm water. I drink 1 gallen a day in water
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    If you drink a lot of water and are getting low sodium symptoms. You don't need more water. You just need sodium. It's a balance.
    If you don't have enough sodium, your body will dump water trying to increase the sodium concentration in your blood. All the water you're drinking is just running right through you because your body doesn't need it. It needs sodium. If you get the sodium up, it will stop dumping water, allowing you to stay properly hydrated.
    The more water you drink, the more sodium you need.
  • rachelrussell792197
    Options
    Thank you dear! I really appreciate that!
  • jparks527
    jparks527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So I am new to this. Drink broth for sodium?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    jparks527 wrote: »
    So I am new to this. Drink broth for sodium?

Broth is a great source for sodium.
    Also pickles and olives. Some people also salt their water. I don't particularly care for that method, but it's quite commonly done also.