Status update?

Options
brisingr86
brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
Is anyone still here? Are people staying on 5:2 and moving into other IF regimens or just doing the standard MFP without complicating with IF? If still on 5:2, how is it going? Are the fast days becoming easier?

I'm still doing 5:2, but I've combined it with 16:8 IF. I think it makes the fast days a little easier, but my body is also still adjusting to the 16 hr fasts for that. I've been doing pretty well and losing at a pretty reasonable rate, but this afternoon was a company party and I ate a bit too much. I'm going to really push myself to go to the gym tonight so at least my net will be under 500. I'm probably under where I should be on my "normal" eating days so I don't think it's too bad. Or maybe I'll just move my fast day to tomorrow... TBD.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Replies

• rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 2 and am very happy with how things are going. I'm finding fast days really easy. Since I'm still so new, i'm definitely staying on it for March. But I see this as an easy lifestyle change going forward.
  • 2014Strawberry
    2014Strawberry Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 5:2. I started last Thursday and have lost 1.3kg so far. Feeling good.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    How are folks doing? Still sticking with 5:2? Have you modified? Do people want to set up goals for weekly check-ins?
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    All going good after my first month. I've modified in that I no longer eat breakfast. On non-fast days, I only eat lunch and dinner with normal calories. I view it as a mini-fast and it allows me to have bigger lunch and dinner. I'm really happy with how things are going. I no longer want to snack. I would love to have checkins to keep up with how others are doing and for encouragement
  • 2014Strawberry
    2014Strawberry Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Had a bit of a bad weekend as it was my daughters 5th birthday. But I'm not beating myself up about it. It's my FD today and have kept it to 245 cal so far (and its 1pm now), so just have to get through dinner. :)

Also, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Yikes! Too many carbs last night. I combine 5:2 with a 16:8 IF so still waiting at least another hour to break fast, and would like to wait a few more hours since it's a 500 day and most of my calories are reserved for dinner. The carb overload last night is not staying with me today and making me very hungry right now. Tea steeping, hopefully that will help and the hunger pangs will subside for a few more hours.

Venting over. Not sure if anyone is still doing this, but needed a minute to whine. Thanks!
  • patriciablairalner
    patriciablairalner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just commenting that I just discovered this group and I hop it keeps going. Today is my first fast day and I did it!
  • patriciablairalner
    patriciablairalner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    Yikes! Too many carbs last night. I combine 5:2 with a 16:8 IF so still waiting at least another hour to break fast, and would like to wait a few more hours since it's a 500 day and most of my calories are reserved for dinner. The carb overload last night is not staying with me today and making me very hungry right now. Tea steeping, hopefully that will help and the hunger pangs will subside for a few more hours.

Venting over. Not sure if anyone is still doing this, but needed a minute to whine. Thanks!

We all need some time to wine...I mean whine. :)
  • hawaiiandream
    hawaiiandream Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just started this diet today, would love some friends doing this too!
  • Tincat1
    Tincat1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi is anyone still doing this diet? If so how's it going?
  • teresakalaman
    teresakalaman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, glad to see there are more people doing this. My GP recommended this diet and I've been on it for almost a month. Lost 2.5 Kg so far :)