Exercise: What motivates you, what hinders you, what the heck are you doing?

Options
youwin67
youwin67 Posts: 3 Member
Hey guys! I was wondering what you do for exercise. I am in the "Getting motivated" stage, where I think of all the good things I am going to do while NOT doing them. Right now, I'm using the excuse that I'm waiting on a pair of new shoes to arrive and the fact that it is cold and wet outside. What I really want to do is start going on walks. I'm moving to Sweden to be with my fiance in a few months (hopefully) and it will mean a transition from a life with a car in a city (Toledo) where you drive literally everywhere to a life in Stockholm where every day is going to be a lot of walking! I'm terrified in so many ways, but I know if I start walking now, I will have time to build up my strength and make that part of the journey a little less daunting.

Anyhow, besides walking, I'd like to do some free weights and maybe pop in my yoga at any size tape, which is really great when I can get myself to do it.

I don't have a gym membership and I wish I could find a place with a pool that I'd be comfortable swimming in. Just interested in what you guys are doing in the hopes of keeping this little group active, at least more active than I've been in the last few days.

Dusty

Replies

• carolynnawilliams
    carolynnawilliams Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been swimming daily, it helps with the aches and pains and seems to be working for me.
  • error404restartnow
    error404restartnow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love music and dancing so I do Zumba and Just Dance on Wii. I use to walk a lot but now I dont. I want to get back to doing that.
  • HayleyAnne012911
    HayleyAnne012911 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog everyday it doesn't rain, and go to the gym and do like 1.5 miles on the treadmill then go and do some arm and leg exercises. Not to mention squats because I hate my butt. lol
  • Vegan280BringItOn
    Vegan280BringItOn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing walking and weight/resistance training mostly. My painful knees are what hinders me the most so as soon as I hit 380lbs I'm order an exercise bike I've seen, so this will allow me to work out more whilst taking the pressure from my weight off my knees.