This makes me so sad....

Options
carsonheim
carsonheim Posts: 79 Member
I've got a friend who is trying to lose about 120 pounds. This is her diary from yesterday. She must be absolutely starving. And this is why diets keep failing. I used to do this too :(
tun4mm8dwbcw.jpeg

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Well, she'll lose weight eating that way. Sadly, it will be muscle. There's essentially no protein in that entry. If she eats like that all the time, she's in for a world of hurt.

Sadly, it is very hard to reach people who are eating like this.
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Well, she'll lose weight eating that way. Sadly, it will be muscle. There's essentially no protein in that entry. If she eats like that all the time, she's in for a world of hurt.

Sadly, it is very hard to reach people who are eating like this.

Preach! More than 80% of the MFP folks I know eat around 1200-1300 calories. They will lose some fat in the beginning and then get stuck as the body metabolism slows down.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep - those carbs are destroying her health. :(
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    WOW...you aren't kidding OP. That's so sad it verges on being depressing!
  • ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's giving me hunger pangs ... Hope she learns to do it better soon.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Shamrock shake?!? WTH?!?

I'm sad, but actually a bit angry as well.

Shamrock shake?!? Really?!?
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    ^^ I know, right? But that's the CICO mentality. Screw nutrition or giving your body what it needs.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Some that wander ARE lost...... ;)
  • Evelynandchris
    Evelynandchris Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. The weight loss doesn't last---I know from experience. :neutral:
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have to say, for as much as I agree that diets do create wrong thinking, I don't agree with what you did. Copying and re-posting someone's personal food diary for others to judge is not constructive and will not help your friend. Even if her diary is open, I'm sure she never intended for it to be broadcast this way. This thread confirms my choice to keep my food journal closed.