W5D3 tomorrow help!

Options
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
Okay so I did W5D2 yesterday and I did struggle with the second 8mins I stopped for 10seconds at about the 5min mark then ran again (this is the first time during the whole programme I have stopped before the end of an interval.

Should I repeat or believe I can do double that in one stint.. Ahhh xox

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Try it. If you have to stop then you have to stop, but you won't know until you try!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Just go nice and slow! I've had some of my best runs following an absolutely horrible one. No idea why.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Just go nice and slow! I've had some of my best runs following an absolutely horrible one. No idea why.

Because that's the way it works.
  • Cazzyxo
    Options
    Ok I'll go sloooow and see how I go eek
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Funny, I am at the same point. Ran my W5D2 and had to walk for a little bit in the second 8 min interval too. I was debating doing it over again since I wasn't sure if I could go from 8 minutes to 20 minutes. I have my first 5k begining of Sept and am anxious to be able to run the distance.

Good Luck to you!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    BTW...You are totally able to do this - this is the run where you learn that. I mean, think about how long you've been running and how far you've come. You are going to be so proud of yourself in a couple of days!
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Cazzyxo and GCPgirl, I am at the same point. And you should listen to vardaeml because she is ALWAYS right :bigsmile:

Weather-permitting I'm going to try tomorrow. If not, then I'm hoping to be able to try at some point in the next few days when I'm up in the NC mountains where it's much cooler and less humid--assuming I can find a nice flat place to try.

Hoping both of you are able to find that power inside you and push through the run tomorrow!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options

This. If you feel that you're jogging too slow, slow down. A slow pace will get you through this. You can do it. You're ready.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

This. If you feel that you're jogging too slow, slow down. A slow pace will get you through this. You can do it. You're ready.

Add this to what I said above. My friend told me "just keep your feet moving." I think you're going to surprise yourself!
  • Shim2013
    Shim2013 Posts: 48
    Options
    You can do it! I just finished W5 D3, my 20 minute run. I expected to have to try again and again but I didn't give up or let my brain give up before my legs and I made it the whole 20 minutes. It was slow and steady but that is what got it done for me.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    You can do it! I just finished W5 D3, my 20 minute run. I expected to have to try again and again but I didn't give up or let my brain give up before my legs and I made it the whole 20 minutes. It was slow and steady but that is what got it done for me.

I didn't let my brain give up before my legs. THAT!
  • Cazzyxo
    Options
    .......... I DID IT. I DID IT. YES I DID.

I ran 1.8miles with a pace of 11:05 min/mile :D

Thanks for the support people it was your posts that stuck in my head on my run xox
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! So proud of you :) I'll bet that feels totally amazing.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is BIG! Way to go!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Thanks for the support people it was your posts that stuck in my head on my run xox

I knew you could :flowerforyou:
  • Cazzyxo
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Cazzy and Shim...

YOU ROCK!!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

Knew you could do it! Congrats! Feels pretty awesome, doesn't it?
  • Shim2013
    Shim2013 Posts: 48
    Options
    That is fantastic! Good for you!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thats so awesome! Good for you!!!:flowerforyou: