Kelp Noodle Recipes?

Options
Tanukiko
Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
Anyone on here use kelp noodles and have any awesome recipes? Thanks!

Replies

• neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just use them like pasta, so far.
  • stanner0514
    stanner0514 Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I make a homemade 'pho noodle soup' with them. Look up a recipe for broth and sub in the kelp noodles for rice noodles. Once warmed in the soup, they taste great. Still have the crunchy bite to them though.
    I've also made a 'peanut pad Thai' that I sort of made up. Make a spicy peanut sauce and toss with grilled chicken and kelp noodles :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm sorry to point this out @stanner0514 but rice noodles (or rice or grain anything) for that matter are very much no-no's when you follow a LCHF way of eating (WOE) especially if you are Low Carb (where your definition of "low carb" = 50g carbs total or less / day) or Very Low Carb. Generally speaking, grain of any kind is not Keto friendly because grains are usually loaded with carbs / sugars...two of the main things we seek to avoid when following a LCHF WOE. Now, if you are at the higher end of the "low carb" range where you consume between 100-150g carbs / day, then you'll probably have a little bit more wiggle room in what you can consume and how much of it you can consume.
  • stanner0514
    Options
    Oops @ladipoet, meant to say sub kelp noodles for rice noodles!
  • stanner0514
    Options
    Thought that would have been an obvious mistake, guess not :)
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I fry them to death in butter so they're crunchy, and use them as cheese and hotdog delivery system. Mmmmm. Now I'm thinking I should get some one of these days...
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    No worries @stanner0514. :) I tried to like Kelp noodles but my body has objected strenuously each time I've tried them and I didn't like the taste anyway. Good thing I like miracle noodles! lol