binge eating

Options
2»

Replies

• olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Keto / significantly low carb is the only lifestyle change that's supported me in successfully not binge-ing. I tried counseling, reading self-help books ect., and while they all say to be mindful of trigger foods no one recommended cutting out carbs. I think that low carb/keto education should be included in treatment plans for people who experience binge-eating disorder (on all parts of the spectrum).

That said, the absence of carbs hasn't made the tendency to binge go away completely for me - it's a choice every day (eg to say no to the muffins at work), and now it's MUCH easier to make healthy choices EVERY day and I have way better hunger awareness/follow through.
  • olivebeanhealthy
    Options
    Also; I would love to be able to keep almonds/almond butter around the house and am not at that point yet ~~ it's a goal I'm working towards!
  • chachachingona
    chachachingona Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Keto is the only way of eating that has suppressed my obsessive food cravings. It was like I had a 24hr radio station in my brain dedicated to food. Keto has turned that radio off so I can live in the present moment.

I've substituted xylitol, agave nectar, and stevia for honey and maple syrup.
    I also make sure I have plenty of fatty Keto food available, just in case.

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    >. It was like I had a 24hr radio station in my brain dedicated to food. Keto has turned that radio off so I can live in the present moment.

I always find value in the personal metaphors people use to help their success -- thanks for sharing this!
  • olivebeanhealthy
    Options
    Someone just suggested a kitchen safe on my timeline (thekitchensafe.com) , I'm super intrigued!