New to fasting and wondering

Options
suzzi_can
suzzi_can Posts: 20 Member
I have been reading and watching about fasting and I am convinced.. I really need to halt my insulin and would like to do a 24 maybe + hour fast..
Is bulletproof coffee allowed during this time? Or is fasting completely that no foods at all?
Hope you can help and hopefully this is a fair question

Replies

• leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just saw this question. The general consensus is that fasting means ZERO calories however, many who just can't stomach black coffee allow cream. Most agree that up to 50 calories are allowed during the fast especially if they are fat calories which doesn't cause a spike in insulin. Conveniently, I have always drunk black coffee. Whew! Bulletproof coffee is definitely not allowed during a fast. I have so much to say about intermittent fasting and the benefits (in my case especially the control it give me over food). Please feel free to message me and we can talk about it if you want to.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    If you are on insulin, fasts should be done in consultation with your doctor. You can refer them to Jason Fung's website for some back up. But I would be a little cautious without some medical support.