• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Fox news is always correct. /deadpan
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    We have a vocal celebrity supporter of Paleo here in Aus, and he gets an insane amount of hate directed toward him..

Admittedly he does have some stupid advice, like subbing breast milk for bone broth for babies.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hmmm....lab rat results being assumed to be true for humans; evidence level D at best.
    Anyone actually read the methodology? The LCHF group was given almost 2X as many Kcals (nrg in joules) as the "chow" group; how the hell is that a valid comparison to the "chow" control group?

55% saturated fat from overall fat in the LCHF is pretty ridiculous/unrealistic too.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If it's the same study I'm thinking of, the "strict paleo diet" included chow with high fat and high fructose. Might as well be the donut diet, which yes, is bad for you.

Nope, not the same study. Looks like 6% carbs from sucrose.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes, the entire carbohydrate portion in the LCHF diet came from sucrose
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I swear that study is part of a media blitz to discredit real food diets. Almost makes me want to dig in and look at where the money is coming from. The guy who the article is quoting has been tap dancing all over the media with his shoddy study.
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i agree......money drives the studies.
    no one wants the results to be real foods are best because boxed foods make profits.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    "The Paleo diet is all about eating fresh, real food. Mainly, meat and veggies. If you look up this study, you'll see the mice were fed either standard kibble or high-fat/low carb kibble. KIBBLE! Heavily processed kibble is not the equivalent of real food. This entire study is a scam. " Someone said this in the comments. I didn't look it up but it would be ridiculous if it were true.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Here is a good look at the study - he makes the same observations as the smart folks here...and its a fun read

• Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Here is a good look at the study - he makes the same observations as the smart folks here...and its a fun read

The author is kind of hot, too. Looks like a great blog, overall. Thanks for the tip.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    I swear that study is part of a media blitz to discredit real food diets. Almost makes me want to dig in and look at where the money is coming from. The guy who the article is quoting has been tap dancing all over the media with his shoddy study.

Wouldn't surprise me. Real food doesn't make money for lobbyists who rely on corn and wheat based junk food or who rely on keeping the population sick in order to make their money. The medical industry also sees these things as flying in the face of their "Mediterranean" diet (don't get me started on how it's not), which threatens their pedestals.