Hi Everyone!! What have you learned?

Options
kaylamcgraw79
kaylamcgraw79 Posts: 58 Member
I think every time I read down through the message boards I learn something new every time. So, I thought why not share something you didn't know when you started your weight loss journey but now know.
Today, I just realized how I should be weighing stuff more then depending what the portion size says or going by cups. I need to tighten that ship up.

Replies

• michelleregis
    michelleregis Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Last night I was talking w a friend. She told me that she got her cholesterol number down by eating a few pieces of dark chocolate a day. I looked on line and Harvard did a study that says it can be helpful to have a small piece of 70 percent cocoa daily. Hmmm....I may try this....
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I realized last night that I really need to get control of what I'm eating. "Everything in moderation" doesn't work for me - probably because I have an addict's mindset and food is my drug of choice. For me, atleast for now, its going to have to be diet rules such as "You cannot eat X thing" until I feel like I have better control of my eating. I see to get derailed daily by the foods (chips, chocolate) that I am addicted to....
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    I completely agree Joy! I love love salsa and chips like so much! I know I can't control myself around them.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So far I realized that soda is a major trigger for eating junk food. It's weird I never realized that before :neutral:
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    Soda is the devil for that. I agree. lol