Great Squat Video

2»

Replies

• llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    bump
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Thanks for sharing this, very good stuff for us n00bs! I really like the part about stance because my sorta-trainer friend wants me to keep a very narrow stance and with my long legs, that's damn difficult. I'll be sure to share this link with her, particularly because I aspire to ATG squat.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    There isn't really supposed to be much of a difference in form between men and women is there?

Not that I'm aware of, this is why this video was kind of surprising to me. The only thing I know of that's woman-specific is that women's knees injure easily compared to men's, so certain aspects of form matter even more. Like shoving the knees out.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    There isn't really supposed to be much of a difference in form between men and women is there?

Not that I'm aware of, this is why this video was kind of surprising to me. The only thing I know of that's woman-specific is that women's knees injure easily compared to men's, so certain aspects of form matter even more. Like shoving the knees out.

They specifically say that the difference is in shoulder mobility....women generally have looser shoulders. They also talk about women having a more difficult time with "sitting back" into the squat. From an overall form perspective, no, there isn't a difference.
  • tryin08
    tryin08 Posts: 41 Member
    Thank you for posting this video. I have a hard time squatting low, weak thigh muscles. this helped me to get lower.