Chocolate

Options
2»

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    My three favorite flavours are Bitter, Umami, and Sour.... Even when I was a baby I would eat lemons when I could get my hands on a piece. And at school unsweetened grapefruit juice every day in my lunch. These days I sneak fermented fish sauce into a lot of recipes to add that savoury richness. DH doesn't know or he'd be grossed out, lol. He doesn't even like the idea of sushi.
  • ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I like the Lindt 90% dark chocolate bar myself. I've not tried any of the sugar alcohol ones.

YES!
  • ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    My three favorite flavours are Bitter, Umami, and Sour.... Even when I was a baby I would eat lemons when I could get my hands on a piece. And at school unsweetened grapefruit juice every day in my lunch. These days I sneak fermented fish sauce into a lot of recipes to add that savoury richness. DH doesn't know or he'd be grossed out, lol. He doesn't even like the idea of sushi.

Same here (except I don't use fish sauce every day - just occasionally in cooking). I've never really had a sweet tooth - thank goodness. I have lemon on/in almost everything and love the taste of vinegar - and bitter greens.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I was using a heaping teaspoon of Dark chocolate in my first cup of coffee and the wife said 100% cacao had more antioxidants so I now use the Hershey's 100% cacao powder instead. The difference may be little but per Hershey there is a difference.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I was using a heaping teaspoon of Dark chocolate in my first cup of coffee and the wife said 100% cacao had more antioxidants so I now use the Hershey's 100% cacao powder instead. The difference may be little but per Hershey there is a difference.

That has been my breakfast of choice recently too. The flavanoids and antioxidants in cacao is HUGE! More than any other berry...etc. I mix 2-3T whipping cream, 1T cacao powder, 1/4 tsp vanilla powder, and ~1 tsp Truvia or a few Stevia drops. I use the blender most days, as it will clump otherwise. Also have a small milk frother I picked up for $10 that works well in a pinch too.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips? They are 'all natural', sweetened with Stevia and Erythritol. I found them at Whole Foods. I have tried them twice now. I melted 1/2 serving on top of some oopsie bread (cloud bread?) and topped it with a bit of whipped cream and berries. Loved it
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I heard Lily's is wonderful but I can only buy them on amazon and they are pricey. :( No Whole Foods in Italy.