Keto Rash?

Options
kyriakonie
kyriakonie Posts: 2 Member
Hello! So, I've been on the keto diet 10 days and have lost 8 lbs already! However on day 7 I developed the "keto rash" on my lower back and under my breasts. I know not everyone gets it, but I guess I'm lucky. I feel great and I keep my carbs roughly around 25 net.

My question is, how many of you got this and how long did it take to go away? Also, I am a registered nurse. This is related to dietary changes and nothing else. I'm going to take some Benadryl and put some coconut oil and/or hydrocortisone cream on it to help. Thanks for your input!

Replies

• cenright0
    cenright0 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an answer for you, I'm very perplexed myself with an extreme itchiness I've been experiencing for about the last week. Im about 4 weeks into eating low carb and for the last week I've been having itchiness on my arms, hands, fingers, bottoms of my feet and areas of my legs. Not all areas have shown a rash but my forearms defiantly have. I have an appt at the Derm on Monday and can't WAIT to find out what is causing this! The flare ups are sporadic but once I start itching it's hard to stop.

I've taken perscription claitan but it really hasn't helped the flare ups of itchiness:(
  • SweetPeaCA
    SweetPeaCA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Although I haven't experienced the Keto Rash, several years ago when I developed skin rashes and was at my wits end trying to control itching and desire to scratch (I had used both over the counter and creams prescribed by my doctor). . . I rubbed ICE CUBES on the affected area. Very cold and soothing, numbs the area and takes away the itching. (Put towel down to catch drips.) Good Luck.
  • MeYD
    MeYD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got it. Think it lasted about 2-3 weeks for me, maybe. I started raking CBD oil since it's antiinflammatory and it worked for me. Rubbing coconut oil or vinegar on it didn't really work for me but CBD did. Started clearing pretty fast with it, few days but noticed difference overnight. I got it between my breasts.
  • alphaterritory
    alphaterritory Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Could be Purigo Pigmentosa.