30 day shred completed - 9th March

Options
Ally2900
Ally2900 Posts: 10 Member
Hi All

Hope it's okay if I post this in here.

I finished the 30 day shred yesterday...It was a real challenge for me as I never stick to anything! haha. Good luck to those of you who are just starting this in March. I actually found level 2 tougher than level 3 - but personally the last few days of level 3 I saw the most change.

Make sure you take pictures and measurements and ignore the scales. I was always the girl who used to weigh herself every day - morning and night and cry if I put on half a pound! I now release it's not about weight and I love that now!

Here are my results - good luck everyone - if I can complete it - you sure can!1upbd30k6jz7.jpg

Replies

• saraspring7
    saraspring7 Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Looking great! I just did day 8 of level one. Very anxious to see my final results!
  • paquitoBoston
    paquitoBoston Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wow! fantastic difference!
  • Ally2900
    Options
    Thanks guys! @sara - Well done for getting to day 8 - you'll be ready for a change when it comes to day 10. Don't worry about the results either. I was worried about them too as I wouldn't say I ate clean 100% of the time. But I think if you eat a balanced diet with some 'cheat' meals and keep to the exercises, you'll see great results. I've now on day 3 of 'Ripped in 30' and really love the pace of this dvd. :)
  • jessjphillips
    jessjphillips Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow you can see a huge difference. Well done! I've done the shred before and also found level 2 the hardest!
  • maitreyee43
    maitreyee43 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job Ally! I am on day 9. But i see that I have gained a couple of pounds.
    I am assuming its because i am building muscles?
    Anyone facing the same?
  • Ally2900
    Options
    Thanks guys. Sounds like you're all doing great so far -keep going - it'll be worth it in the end!

@maitreyee43 - I wouldn't worry about the numbers on the scales. I know how frustrating and discouraging it can be - especially when you're putting in all that hard work and effort! But I've only lost 2 pounds so far, so try not to worry :) How do your clothes feel? I would definitely take measurements and pictures. I would have quit if I hadn't had done this.

Try not to measure everyday either. I'm a very impatient person but have to remind myself that results don't happen overnight - but setting small goals and seeing small changes really motivates me and encourages me to push harder. It's still bloody tough though! :D

Make sure you post before and after pics! Good Luck!

• yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Very impressive. Congratulations on your hard work.
  • alka78
    alka78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Very impressive Ally2009. Did you do any other exercise or diet?
  • Ally2900
    Options
    As far as my diet went, I didn't follow a plan as such. I cut back on sugar which was the biggest thing for me. Before the shred my diet was absolutely horrendous. I was a sugar queen! Haha. And would probably eat 3-4 chocolate bars every day. So, even though I had the odd pizza and treat here and there, my diet was much healthier than before. I also noticed that if I did have a cheat, or a bad day, it really affected my energy levels and how I could perform the workouts.

With Regard to other exercise, I swam every Saturday for about 40 minutes and sometimes would walk my dog, but not so often. The swimming was great though, as it really relaxed my muscles and was great to add in some additional cardio.
  • alka78
    alka78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ally, I'm trying to do something similar. Swapping swimming for jogging