Very Slow Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? :smile:

I just saw the video you posted and before you say, well no food scale... let me just quickly throw in that being a baker I'm an accurate measurer. My grandmother made sure that a teaspoon was level and never, ever rounded lol!! I do plan on getting a scale but as of right now, I have been using my measuring cups and spoons. I'm sure part of my complaint is just seeing others drop weight like crazy and I'm more turtle like!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I'm a month in and have basically not lost any weight either. I'm 49, 6 foot 1, and approx 213 lbs. I usually get in at least 10,000 steps a day and do some very light weight training as well. I think part of it for me might be that I am trying not to lose muscle mass so I am not going with a very big deficit. But I had hoped by now to at least notice some loosening of my waist band. I used the keto-calculator.ankerl and it said my base metabolic rate is 1915 Kcal. So for 1lb a week weight loss it has me at 1887 Kcal (25g carb 5%, 158g protein 33%, 128g fat 62%). I go over that amount at times but with exercise I am still below what it says I can eat. I'm trying to keep positive and trust the process but it can be very frustrating when I have not felt any decrease in weight or most especially waist size. I've been exercising for more than a month (just started logging some of it on MFP recently but always keep a written log) so I don't think that is it. Reading the success stories on here help keep me motivated and keep me from losing faith but also make me feel frustrated at times. Waiting and hoping for that "whoosh" and the increased energy I hear everyone talk about. Not sure what else to do other than decrease calories even more and then worry about muscle loss. :/

If you keep the protein macro consistent, then you shouldn't have to worry about muscle loss. Especially if you are doing some weight training as well.

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I think you mentioned in another thread that you had some thyroid or other adrenal problems in the past. This definitely can slow weight loss even if you are doing everything else right.
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i dropped 14 lbs rather quickly, but today, got on the scale and had gained +1 lb. so, it's different for everyone. as long as the scale overall is moving downward, i think we're good. too stressful to me to worry about how slowly, or compare to someone else, or even worry about this one little pound.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Please, don't compare your rate of loss with anyone else's! We are all different, and will lose at different rates! Stick with how you feel as your primary motivation. The scale will always be discouraging!
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Please, don't compare your rate of loss with anyone else's! We are all different, and will lose at different rates! Stick with how you feel as your primary motivation. The scale will always be discouraging!

THIS!! This is what I'm doing and I know it!!