well *&^%$!!!!! now i can't enjoy my candy!

Options

Replies

• erinseattle
    erinseattle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    There are many almond joy-like low carb recipes on Pinterest!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Candy is just a downward spiral in my opinion anyway.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    You can find a study it there that links anything to everything. I don't give them a second thought. Just like how eggs are linked to high cholesterol and sodium to high blood pressure.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here's the actual study: tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10773525.2015.1106075?journalCode=yjoh20&

unfortunately this little bit of 'newscasting' was really badly done, whoever "click2houston.com" is. That could colour some peoples' perceptions of believability.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Oh this was a mouse study too, feel bad for those mice being treated that way to essentially provide 0 value to the world, since we aren't mice.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Yep, when they do the tests / studies on humans then I might pay attention. But since following LCHF is a natural way to fight / starve many kinds of cancer....not really too terribly worried about this particular study.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Candy is just a downward spiral in my opinion anyway.

Yes, I agree! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm in the anti Splenda camp! I truly believe that my lifetime use of artificial sweeteners added to MY ill health for so many years! But especially since splenda came on the market! I always thought I was helping myself by eating sugar free foods! I don't believe I did myself any favors with it!

I'm now a believer that food should be found in nature. If it isn't, it's foreign to, and likely harmful to the body!
  • MyPrimalLife
    MyPrimalLife Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Here's the actual study: tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10773525.2015.1106075?journalCode=yjoh20&

unfortunately this little bit of 'newscasting' was really badly done, whoever "click2houston.com" is. That could colour some peoples' perceptions of believability.

the results look similar if not the same to me.

• MyPrimalLife
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I'm in the anti Splenda camp! I truly believe that my lifetime use of artificial sweeteners added to MY ill health for so many years! But especially since splenda came on the market! I always thought I was helping myself by eating sugar free foods! I don't believe I did myself any favors with it!

I'm now a believer that food should be found in nature. If it isn't, it's foreign to, and likely harmful to the body!

my cousin has MS and was told it would be made worse with artificial sweeteners. she was tols that a little table sugar (not sure of exact amount) is far better for her overall health than splenda, equal or sweet.n.low.

i agree with you.
  • MyPrimalLife
    Options
    ........and i didnt know my new candy had splenda until i got home. i guess i am not a good label reader.
    LOL
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm thinking that if I had to choose a sweetener, that sugar would be MY best option! :open_mouth:
    Good thing I'm not a sweet lover!
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Meh, I don't know if I buy all of the fear over artificial sweeteners. Diet Coke has been out since 1983 (33 years) and has been one of the top sellers for most of that time. I think it is currently number 2. As much allegations and studies have been aimed at a causal relationship between Diet Coke and a number of illnesses, I'm surprised that more concrete evidence has not been presented. I know this is just one example of one sweetener, but I think other have similar stories.
    Yes! I'm thinking that if I had to choose a sweetener, that sugar would be MY best option!
    Stevia would probably be a great option for what you are trying to do. You can grow that yourself.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I admit that I do use artificial sweeteners and get sugar free treats here and there. I figure as long as I'm not reacting poorly to them it should be fine. However, I do notice that my use of them since starting Keto has dropped. I used to use 2 splenda's in my coffee.. now it's one. I used a ton more Mio in my water, but I'm cutting back on that too. When i bake LC at home, I am starting to cut the sugar a bit as well. I think it like a lot of people have said as well, that the longer you do low carb the less that stuff calls to you. (Although I did make LCHF Peanut Butter & Chocolate "Ice Cream" last night!! It was so rich that just a couple spoons was perfect!! -- Damn Reese Cup commercials on during the debates lol!!)
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    klkateri wrote: »
    I admit that I do use artificial sweeteners and get sugar free treats here and there. I figure as long as I'm not reacting poorly to them it should be fine. However, I do notice that my use of them since starting Keto has dropped. I used to use 2 splenda's in my coffee.. now it's one. I used a ton more Mio in my water, but I'm cutting back on that too. When i bake LC at home, I am starting to cut the sugar a bit as well. I think it like a lot of people have said as well, that the longer you do low carb the less that stuff calls to you. (Although I did make LCHF Peanut Butter & Chocolate "Ice Cream" last night!! It was so rich that just a couple spoons was perfect!! -- Damn Reese Cup commercials on during the debates lol!!)

Recipe please!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Yes, I too use way too many artificial sweeteners and right now I am using a lot of stevia. Some say that is more plant based but just waiting until those mice get cancer from stevia. :wink:

I THINK WE NEED HEALTHIER MICE. :smile:
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    klkateri wrote: »

I need to know how you made this. reeses pieces and white chocolate reeses cups are my fav. I do not eat much chocolate outside of this. Well right now I dont eat those either but I am taunted by the idea.