Voodles

Options
I had my first voodles this evening. I used zucchini cut with my newly purchased spiral cutter. I had simmered sausage tomato sauce all day (spells so good) and put that over the briefly boiled zucchini voodles and then sprinkled with grated Parmesan. Delicious!! Anyone have any ideas about which vegetables are paired best with what? Any ideas for other low-carb uses for my spiral cutter?

Replies

• ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't use anything other than zucchini. For it to work it needs to be round and the right diameter. I tried carrots once, but it's a lot of hard work - easier to grate using a food processor.
    BTW I don't steam my zoodles, just mix in any hot sauce you would use for spaghetti - Alfredo, bolognaise, carbonara, seafood, etc - all delicious.
  • Kentuckybirdlover
    Kentuckybirdlover Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Claire. I dropped the voodles in salted boiling water for about 2 minutes and I liked the texture. Since I posted this, I went on Pinterest and found a lot of ideas for voodles. I was just stunned that it was so tasty! I have been gluten-free for about 2 years and gluten-free pasta is in general very bad. I should have used zucchini!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My two for pasta are zucchini and spaghetti squash. YUM.
  • Kentuckybirdlover
    Kentuckybirdlover Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks. A lot of recipes on Pinterest for spiralized sweet potatoes but that defeats the purpose. . . Spaghetti squash sounds good. I love butternut squash and there were some recipes for it.