I Broke Up Cardio Abs and Pure Cardio

Options
heyitsadam
heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
It makes no sense to do Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs on the same day. I don't know why they grouped them together but it was a dumb idea.

You're so gassed from PC, you can't be effective doing CA. Or you reverse them and you're sore from doing CA and can't get your legs up for PC. I moved CA to the same day as Cardio Recovery and I do CA first for the following reasons:

1). The short warm up before CA is good to get your blood flowing, as opposed to the start of Cardio Recovery which is...standing.

2) Cardio Recovery is coma inducing. I'm sorry. I know it's your off day, but madón.... It's god damn boring. It needs to be jazzed up somehow.

3) After Cardio Abs, Cardio Recovery seems to function as an extended cool-down.

Now I can go all out on PC without having to worry about leaving anything in the tank for Cardio Abs.

Replies

• pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I also started to move cardio abs onto the day of core cardio & balance or to cardio recovery.

Once you're into month 2 it's more difficult to fit it in because you're ridiculously tired on every work out. Max recovery isn't as "recovery" as it sounds. So I took a half hour break after cardio conditioning and then went onto to cardio abs. It's even more tiring than after pure cardio!
  • rightoncommander
    rightoncommander Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't leave anything in the tank for Cardio Abs, because after the first 5 minutes, it's not really a cardio workout, so it makes little difference whether I do it first, last or separately, my heart rate is going to drop and my abs and hip flexors are still going to burn! I do juggle the workouts around, though, to do the abs workout on a Saturday if possible, otherwise I'd have to get up 20 minutes earlier, which is a killer. Although week 9 is next week, and that has two abs workouts in the schedule, so I'm just going to have to suck it up!